VSD: Linking to homepage error - Post...

User 442230 Photo

23 posts

I have created a site, where I have had no problems linking pages to other pages EXCEPT to the home page. On each page I have HOME but it goes to a default page, I dont know what I am doing wrong. I checked the link on the various pages and they are all the same, but it does not go back to the homepage. Anyone have any suggestions about what I am doing wrong?

www.polishpotterystore.com

Thank you~
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Robbin,

May I suggest that you click on profile, and change your forum name to something other than your email address? This is as public forum, and no sense in posting your email address out there for spammers to collect.

I just checked your site, and it appears that everything is working. You have a default.htm file that looks like your home page. VSD loads several files to your root directory named index.htm, index.html, default.htm, default.html... all these files are identical. I think you get the idea.

Some servers need index files, and others need default files. You said it did not go back to the home page. What makes you say that? What page does it go to when you check it?
User 442230 Photo

23 posts

Thank you. I checked my site again and it did work after I hit refresh. It was going back to a blank page and I could not figure out why, but as long as it is working now. thank you for checking and for the suggestion on my profile.

Robbin
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Robbin,

Glad everything is working now.

It is always a good idea to reload pages after a change. Sometimes, you even need to clear the cache to get a true look at the changes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.