VSD, Can't SAVE! - Post ID 4964

User 264552 Photo

112 posts

Dang! I wish they would fix that! I like to use transparent images. Otherwise, there is no way to make a really professional looking site when you use backgrounds like I do.

Bruce wrote:
Hi sailr,
Nothing changed still hit and miss on the GIF's. sorry!
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

I have to say sailr that with this new version, it's been for me, more hit than miss, but you'll have to decide that. the old process of elimination comes to mind here lol
TO ADD TO STATEMENT:
it also doesn't seem to be copying the images as the older versions either, i dont see alot of duplicates in the files folder as I did.
SALUTE TO COFFEECUP!

User 264552 Photo

112 posts

I'll be trying the transparent .gif in the new version tonight. Wish me luck!

Bruce wrote:
I have to say sailr that with this new version, it's been for me, more hit than miss, but you'll have to decide that. the old process of elimination comes to mind here lol
TO ADD TO STATEMENT:
it also doesn't seem to be copying the images as the older versions either, i dont see alot of duplicates in the files folder as I did.
SALUTE TO COFFEECUP!
User 264552 Photo

112 posts

Bruce,
Just tried a transparent GIF and it works! Cooool!

Jim

Bruce wrote:
TO ADD TO STATEMENT:
SALUTE TO COFFEECUP!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

And... were you able to save the file?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 264552 Photo

112 posts

No,
I had to start all over!

Inger wrote:
And... were you able to save the file?
User 264552 Photo

112 posts

Well, now I have BIGGER problems. The new version of VSD just totally hangs up when I either 'test' the server or try to upload. I can't even close the program. In XP, I can't even use Task Manager to close it. I will have to completely reboot to get rid of it!

I'm ready to uninstall the new version and go back to the old one!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.