VSD 5.9.1 - Can't please everyone at...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I just tried the exact steps here and it worked just fine. Using 5.9.2
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 436416 Photo

87 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

Cool!

Now, one MINOR suggestion <g>

VSD inserts "page centering code" that look like this:

<!-- centering -->
</div>
<!-- --------- -->

the last comment tag is 'illegal' under W3C as it does not have a multiple of 4 "-"; and this is flagged by FireFox's HTML inspector (Tidy), as there are 9 '-' ...

Thanks.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I do normally post the changes in the CoffeeCup Announcements, just have not done that yet.

-Portability fixes
-Dashes and underscores allowed in page ids
-Corrected a color issue in the settings area.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 436416 Photo

87 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

I think I figured out the cause:

- Create a jpeg called (say) this-is-A.jpg
- Put this on the home page
- make it a link (so the filename is retained)
- create a new page
- rename the jpeg to this-is-a.jpg
- put this image on the 2nd page
- make it a link as well

Do a Save and look at the resulting HTML and image in files. There is the this-is-A.jpg. The index.html will (in)correctly reference this-is-A.jpg while Page1.html will correctly reference this-is-a.jpg. Everything works honky-dory locally since Windows don't care about case; Preview works great. Upload to a Unix web server and you're 'hosed' ;)

I don't know what the best 'fix' is -- perhaps force all filenames to lowercase on Save/Preview/Publish?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I will check into that closely this week. Thanks Peter.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.