VSD 5.9 - Post ID 6165

User 266609 Photo

18 posts

Using VSD 5.9.4

Well, further to this, I hate to see it, but the test link issue is not fixed either - though also mentioned in the help file as corrected.

Character "a" issue is fixed though, which is a major relief.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

I just entered keywords and clicked the Apply to All Pages and it did so successfully. The only problem I noticed was that adding keywords didn't flag VSD to prompt to save changes, and so exiting afterward would not save the changes unless you clicked Save.

noweare - If yours only says 5.9, then it's old. The 3rd decimal place didn't show up until 5.9.1. After upgrading, you should see the 5.9.4 in the Help->About section.
User 266609 Photo

18 posts

Using VSD 5.9.4

Applying K & D to all pages wasn't an issue. The issue supposedly fixed in 5.9.4 was as follows:

"When you edit "Keywords and Description," then save, VSD applies the keywords and description of whatever page is active to all the other pages ~ even if you select "apply to current page". In order to save description and keywords for individual pages you have to edit each page externally."

That wasn't fixed though.

See this thread
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/our-des … ed-by-vsd/
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Sorry, what you were describing wasn't obvious to me by the initial post. My mistake.
User 266609 Photo

18 posts

No, my fault really, as I should have provided a link to the other thread right away. I posted here as this was where Scott first mentioned version 5.9.4 being available, so I slid a couple of posts right under his to point out that two out of the three fixes mentioned in the help file didn't seem to be working.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.