Visual Effects - Post ID 243406

User 514686 Photo

3 posts

I'm creating a new site. The background of the page is colored. I have inserted images on top of that and then text on top of the image. When I enable: Allow Advanced Text and then actually apply an effect to the text, the background of the text box takes on the color of the background of the page instead of remaining transparent. Is there a way to ensure the background of the text remains transparent? I attached an image as a rough idea. THANKS!
Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yes, that would be correct. Using that option turns your text into an image.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 514686 Photo

3 posts

but why does the image take on the color of the background of the website? And is that avoidable? I need the text/image background to remain transparent so that it doesn't look the way it does in the image I attached as a sample
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is how that feature works. If you want to use that font, I would recommend using a graphics program to create that image and make the background transparent. You can then add that to VSD.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 514686 Photo

3 posts

thanks, that's what I ended up doing. I'm not very patient :P

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.