Text ON an image - Post ID 4206

User 458557 Photo

4 posts

I have an image that serves as the links to my other pages. I got them inserted into the table okay, but now how do I make the words show up on the images? I'm doing it the dummy way by using a text box placed over the image, but it doesn't show up right in the browser. Any ideas?

www.freetobefamily.com
User 285557 Photo

Trial User
48 posts

When you insert picture into VSD, on your right side is Object Window! Just chose BUTTON TEXT, and write your text!
User 458557 Photo

4 posts

No, I don't appear to have an Object Window. I can place "alternate text" which works with the mouse over, but I want the words to be permanently on the buttons.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Take the image you are using as your link image, and open it with your graphic program. Add the text and save-as the file to a name that is either the same as your link (ie. home.jpg, about.jpg, etc.) then repeat for each button.

The reason you do not have an object window is that you are not using VSD. When you have a problem, let us know what program you are using, and that will help us know what program for which to give direction. In this case, you are using CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2007.

If you don't ahve a good graphics program, GIMP is free and GIMP is a powerful program.
User 458557 Photo

4 posts

Yes, I was confused. Sorry! Thank you for your help.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.