Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 266609 Photo

18 posts

I'd like to see an active/inactive page function. Pages could be made inactive and thus not published to the site. That way you don't need to delete a page that you don't want showing, yet might want to upload or update again later. This also means that if your site has regular updates (say of events or news), you could do these on time and still work on future major changes to the site.

Mark
User 266609 Photo

18 posts

Another good feature would be a scrapbook for saving unused design elements. I often end up pulling things I'm not currently using into the gray area at the sides, so I can save them for later without having to recreate. Be nice to select a group of items, right click and Copy to Scrapbook.

Mark
User 372605 Photo

34 posts

Hey Mark, you can work on pages you don't want to post simply by not adding a link until you want to use them, seems to work for me.
User 266609 Photo

18 posts

Hey Wanda,
Yep, I've done that from time to time too. Unfortunately the pages still upload to the site and sometimes turn up on search engines or have been bookmarked in a previous incarnation. This gets confusing for people if the page is still being worked on or has time sensitive data. Be good not to have to worry about all that.
A radio button an the page properties console would be nice. Also pages could be listed as active/inactive on the Show Page menu. Then we could have an upload inactive pages sub-menu on the upload menu that opens a dialog box allowing us to select current or a range of inactive pages for immediate upload. But maybe I'm just dreaming here ...
User 372605 Photo

34 posts

Good Point, and to be honest never really thought about it. I haven't tried this but...could you/me open up a totally different site with the same design format, and make our test pages there, then when and if we choose to use them copy and paste into the existing site? As you can tell I am no wize at any of this...lol...just thinking out loud!! :)
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

You Know Mark in Thinking this would be where you could use Access Manager too! Again just a thought.

User 423976 Photo

20 posts

How about an option for colorbox or thickbox style popups for images? In VSD and also in Photo Gallery.
I want customers to be able to click on an image and see it in more detail, but I don't want a new tab to open, nor for them to leave the page they are currently viewing.
Obviously this is only a problem because I haven't figured out how to do it myself!:|
www.periwinkleflowers.com
An All CoffeeCup Site.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We have been talking about this quite a bit lately. We are not sure if we are going to add it to VSD or find a way to add it to each of the Flash applications directly. Adding it to VSD seems the most logical.

We actually have an article we are working on to show users how to do just that and should have that ready in a week or so.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 423976 Photo

20 posts

Wicked awesome! Can't wait, because all the info I could find assumes a level of expertise far greater than I possess.

But why VSD OR PhotoGallery?

Why not both?

Anyway, I'm at your mercy. I'm very happy with what we've managed so far using CoffeeCup. All I want is more awesomeness.

Cheers
www.periwinkleflowers.com
An All CoffeeCup Site.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We have been talking about this quite a bit lately. We are not sure if we are going to add it to VSD or find a way to add it to each of the Flash applications directly. Adding it to VSD seems the most logical.

We actually have an article we are working on to show users how to do just that and should have that ready in a week or so.

Mainly because VSD is the Web editor. Adding it to Photo Gallery would make things even more difficult because there are quite a few additional items you would have to do manually. We can do it all automatically in VSD and would be 100% transparent to the user.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.