Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

The Root is the folder your publishing to that you setup in your ftp settings.;)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2420709 Photo

5 posts

@ snowman

Yes I would think Master Pages would be a good idea. I use a blank page as a template to create new pages - so I get all the images and text in the required places (in some cases). But I can understand the advantage of having Master Pages especially when updating or modifying the whole site.
User 2420709 Photo

5 posts

Another point that I would like to see in a updated VSD is the possibility that links can be made to open (using a checkbox) in another tab or window. This way anyone clicking on a link to an external site will not leave your website (and loose a potential client).
User 1970960 Photo

20 posts

How about a tool to enable you to specify a directory/hierachy for your webpages. So as you create a new page you can indicate the root pages. Then Sitemapper would be able to map it in a more relevant structure.
Mark Harrington
Christian Magician & All Age Communicator
www.illusistration.com or www.facebook.com/illusistration
User 2442993 Photo

5 posts

I found this software so helpful, that after a good trial, I just bought it. Huge thanks to the developers!

My suggestions are as follows.
I can surely live without a master page option, since I mostly used "ad page" and "duplicate from" to compensate. But I really miss tools that could align objects more easily.

a) One would be like keeping a finger on the CTRL button, and that would block moving object with the mouse in vertical or in horizontal positions only.:D
b) Maybe seeing the coordinate of a selected object could also help in alignment. X & Y (I mean closer to the work area, since it is at the bottom, and also using like a top left corner of the object, when I had objects with different length, the coordinates could not help me.) Hope I'm clear with this one.
c) There are no "align center", that would help too
d) The grid lines were a pain for me; I was repeatedly moving them by accident when trying to move objects, thus always losing my alignments.

Like I said, I just love this software, great job for supporting it, and really looking forward to the new updates, and keeping my fingers cross to have new cool "tools" in it. :cool:

Ben
User 2146019 Photo

58 posts

This may have been said before but it is an idea that came to me as i was updating one of my sites today... The ability to choose what pages you would like to publish to your server or s drive account (page you are editing, whole site). Today i had to make several small tweaks to a line of text on one of my pages, being that my site is pretty large and contains multiple pages it takes a long time to publish. I know editing the code to update the text on your site is extremely fast but i like to keep my VSD current with everything on my site.

User 2386060 Photo

19 posts

I request an opacity slider for just about anything in the program:)
Yoda
User 2274185 Photo

48 posts

Justify text like in Photoshop or Word... that would be great!

I am NOT good with coding(obviously) and I want it as a standard feature, specially since this is a website tool.
Started 9/8/2011 www.flsi.us
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

Give us the PRO !!!! :)
User 114319 Photo

7 posts

I would like VSD to have a mobile option where you can convert it to a percentage based width for mult platform mobile devices.
Joe

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.