Suggestions for CoffeeCup Visual Site...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Copying this one over to here as it's a suggestion posted in another thread, removing that post now.

lloydW. wrote:
It'd be nice to have a quick & easy way to tell Visual Site Designer to stop making the Object Properties window pop up right in the middle of my work area every single time I go to edit text or anything else. Most of the time I don't need that window but it always comes up and smack in the middle of my work.
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Janys Hyde wrote:
Wayno...
To get over the problem of your 2nd point in the first post, I think you can just copy and paste the same size box wherever you need it.

I have always thought that an xy guage would be good so that I can see exactly the position of objects that I add.

Hi Janys,

The XY information is there. It's shown in the right lower corner of your screen. But only if you use VSD full screen. I use it all the time for the exact placement of objects through pages, if an object is repeated on different pages and should stay in place while switching from one page to another. It's more exact than guidelines

John
John van Hulst
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Since this list is so long it may be mentioned already, but a tool or way to copy/paste text while keeping the same format like links, caps, bold, italics, etc. of the text.
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,075 posts

There's a problem with adjusting the z-index of text objects using the Arrange menu. I couldn't move text that was in front of an html object so that it was behind the html object.
User 181319 Photo

27 posts

The links and the mouse over effects really sucks! I know you guys can do better then that. I want when I move my mouse over any link I specify it highlights. Besides all that I'll take is program over Dreamweaver any day.
What you see is what you get.
User 2090040 Photo

16 posts

Hi,

I agree Wano. I too would like to be able to add a Powerpoint presentation. I am using Office XP Pro, not 2007, and would like to be able to add a PP that I created.

Vito
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,075 posts

It seems like there should be some kind of mention on the VSD page that it's not intended for creating sites for mobile devices (unless the next one can!).
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Vito Albano wrote:
Hi,

I agree Wano. I too would like to be able to add a Powerpoint presentation. I am using Office XP Pro, not 2007, and would like to be able to add a PP that I created.

Vito

Hi Vito (and others) You can add a Powerpoint presentation! In fact, you can add any document or whatever object you'd like to link to (a MP3, a photo, a zip file, a Word document, a PDF file, you name it). Make a text object or a button that says for instance "this is my PP presentation" and then make a link from it. When you see the link window, choose 'link to a document'. Choose the object you'd like to show. It will be uploaded automatically by VSD in a folder called 'downloads' (under the 'files' folder). Don't forget to choose 'new window' in the 'target' list, otherwise your visitor has to use the back button of the browser to return to your site.
John van Hulst
User 414884 Photo

15 posts

I too would like to see a spell checker.
I have been going through a very frustrating time with menu building. I would like an easy way to build a nice-looking, search engine nad site mapping friendly menu.
Lisa
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

[/quote] Hi Vito (and others) You can add a Powerpoint presentation! In fact, you can add any document or whatever object you'd like to link to (a MP3, a photo, a zip file, a Word document, a PDF file, you name it). Make a text object or a button that says for instance "this is my PP presentation" and then make a link from it. When you see the link window, choose 'link to a document'. Choose the object you'd like to show. It will be uploaded automatically by VSD in a folder called 'downloads' (under the 'files' folder). Don't forget to choose 'new window' in the 'target' list, otherwise your visitor has to use the back button of the browser to return to your site.
Jon[/quote]

Jon-
Thanks, this is exactly what I came to the forum for today. I have a couple of PDF files that I want to add to the site and was unsure of the way to do it. Funny as I found this by accident while leaving a comment on new features for VSD. Hopefully it can be placed in a tip file because past searches for it came up empty.
This sounds too easy. Off to try it out.
Tim

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.