Putting embedded YouTube code into my...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

John Byrnes wrote:
Scott, I see that you are online. Why am I unable to connect with my site? I would appreciate it if you would look into this for me. Thank you, John

These are public forums John. While I do pop my head in here from time to time, if you are in need to technical support directly from CoffeeCup, use your support room.

This could mean your registry settings have become corrupted somehow. What we will need to do is clear out all your registry settings allowing the software to default back to the initial settings. Please note that after doing this you will have to add your FTP information again.

Step 1:

Download this file here at http://www.coffeecup.com/files/binaries/vsdfix.exe to complete this task.

Step 2 (For Windows 8/7 and Vista Only):

1. Right-click the shortcut icon, and click Properties.
2. Click the Compatibility tab.
3. Here, put a check mark by Run This Program as an Administrator.
4. Next, put a check mark next to Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For: and ensure Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 is selected.
5. Click OK.

Step 3:
Open your website in Visual Site Designer and go to the File Menu > Save As and save your website into a new folder. Now restart VSD and open the newly saved website. This will be the one you will work with from now on.

Step 4 (if you are using S-Drive):

1. Go to Publish > CoffeeCup Account Settings and enter in your CoffeeCup account information

2. Go to Publish > Choose a Publishing Destination and add your S-Drive account

3. Click Publish

Step 5: (if you are using your own server):

1. Go to the Publish Menu and select FTP Account Settings and select your FTP Account.

2. Verify that all information is correct and the Remote Folder path is not empty. Typically you would enter in a / or /public_html here but you need to confirm with your hosting provider what the correct path is. IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THIS PATH IS CORRECT.

3. Go to the Publish Menu and select Choose a Publishing Destination and select your FTP Account and then click Save.

4. Finally, go to the Publish Menu and select Re-Sync Website.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

John, I see that you are online. Were you unable to connect with your site? I would appreciate it if you would look into this for me. Thank you, Scott ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2526480 Photo

22 posts

Hi, Scott!
I had a meeting and a couple of other priorities that I had to address. I will get on this shortly.
John D. Byrnes, D.Hum, Founder and CEO
Center for Aggression Management (Florida Certified Veteran Owned Business)
Author and Veteran (USS Nautilus 571)
View our Comprehensive Critical Aggression Prevention System (CAPS) Video: http://www.aggressionmanagement.com/cri … video.html
Phone: 407-718-5637 (EST)
LinkedIn Profile: “John D. Byrnes”
Linkedin Security 1st Connections: 21,000+
Linkedin Endorsements: 19,100+
Web Site: www.AggressionManagement.com
Author: Before Conflict, Preventing Aggressive Behavior

This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return the original message to us at the above address.
Thank you
User 2526480 Photo

22 posts

It appears to be working, Scott! I had to re-boot on three occasions because my computer kept freezing, so I finally turned off my Bitdeffender and it worked! Thank you very much for your help!
View our Comprehensive Critical Aggression Prevention System (CAPS) Video: http://www.aggressionmanagement.com/cri … video.html

This transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return the original message to us at the above address.
Thank you
User 2526480 Photo

22 posts

Eric, thank you very much! In fact it was the anti-virus. Only when I disabled my anti-virus it began working. Thanks again. Regards, John

Thank you
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

John, most anti-virus programs will let you put in an 'exception' for a particular program and/or publisher. I do it with Norton. I'm not familiar with Bit Defender, but you should be able to do the same. Then you would no longer have issues with Coffeecup Software. Glad you got it working! :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.