Post your website here! - Post ID 163630

User 422767 Photo


Registered User
259 posts

Very nice Earl! Still have that anchor problem in Chrome I see. :P
Aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?
User 2225744 Photo


Registered User
9 posts

Zac wrote:
Very nice Earl! Still have that anchor problem in Chrome I see. :P


Yes, darn it, and I would LOVE to have a solution!
User 2093747 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

I just finished a major refresh to my VSD travel website. I would love to hear any feedback you may have. Thanks in advance.

www.smart-travelers.com

BC
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 117361 Photo


Ambassador
6,076 posts

Each time I see your web site I just love to browse through all your travel locations and suggestions. I get the impression this time that the overall feel to the site is much more "commercial" with all the banners and sales pushing which make the site seem less of a "family" site. Nonetheless, the information you offer is still there, and I guess if you can "make a few bob" with the banner stuff at the same time, I guess that should keep everyone happy!
:)
User 187934 Photo


Senior Advisor
18,767 posts

Bill wrote:
I just finished a major refresh to my VSD travel website. I would love to hear any feedback you may have. Thanks in advance.

www.smart-travelers.com

BC


You have 11 mobile apps on your mobile page. Better put the words more then on the page. I don't know anybody with an Iphone that doesn't use AroundMe. Other then that nice site.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

Here's my S-Drive site with
examples of what can be accomplished in VSD.
https://progrower.coffeecup.com/
Here's my CoffeeCup SCCP Shop with examples of what can be done.
https://progrower.coffeecup.com/shop/
This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2093747 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

Janys Hyde wrote:
Each time I see your web site I just love to browse through all your travel locations and suggestions. I get the impression this time that the overall feel to the site is much more "commercial" with all the banners and sales pushing which make the site seem less of a "family" site. Nonetheless, the information you offer is still there, and I guess if you can "make a few bob" with the banner stuff at the same time, I guess that should keep everyone happy!
:)


Thanks for the feedback Janys. Yes, I changed a one of the ads and used the graphic ad at the top based on a recommendation. My only goal with the ads is to pay for the site itself. Unfortunately, using Google Adsense you don't have much control of the ads that show. I do have a few other ads that I will reconsider based on your feedback. I don't want it to become a commercial site.

Thanks,
BC
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 2093747 Photo


Registered User
69 posts

You have 11 mobile apps on your mobile page. Better put the words more then on the page. I don't know anybody with an Iphone that doesn't use AroundMe. Other then that nice site.:)


Thanks Eric. Appreciate the find. Didn't realize I had 11. There are 12 now with your find. Appreciate the feedback.

BC
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 117361 Photo


Ambassador
6,076 posts

Bill...yes - I do appreciate that you cannot control those ads much, and of course every little helps to keep this kind of site up and running. I'm sure it must have proved useful to many people since you set it up. Keep up the good work - and fit in as much travel as you can!
:cool:
User 2225744 Photo


Registered User
9 posts

Zac wrote:
Very nice Earl! Still have that anchor problem in Chrome I see. :P


Problem solved (or rather, worked-around)... I just eliminated the pages with multiple anchor tags, making each section its own page and re-launched!
User 2225744 Photo


Registered User
9 posts

Bill wrote:
I just finished a major refresh to my VSD travel website. I would love to hear any feedback you may have. Thanks in advance.

www.smart-travelers.com

BC


Nice looking site, Bill! I like your family-travel orientation.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.