mouseover buttons in vsd - Post ID 94860

User 1915799 Photo

27 posts

help please :)

I'm creating a menu in vsd where the original button is a picture of one thing and after I create the mouseover I change the picture to another picture. All pictures are the same dimensions - it's just the colour and the content that changes.

When I preview it, when the mouse is place over the link the background of the mouseover picture goes black when it should be transparent. Why is that?

I've tried both png and gif formats but the same thing happens?

Help - what am I doing wrong?
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Amanda,
I am gonna go with you can't do mouseovers with anything other than 2 jpg's
any combination used besides jpg's you'll lose the transparency. intersecting of gif's is a no-no you lose transparency. I haven't tried png's but I think it would be the same way...sorry:|

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Bruzer,
Not to be controversial (well maybe ;) )...
You can mix and match gif and jpg mouseovers in a menu, when using HTML Editor. I'm in the midst of doing just that right now in a project I'm working on out of a CSS Web Design book.

It may be, that it can not be done in VSD, or not the way she'd like it. :shrugs:

Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Well Phil, I was thinking in terms of VSD lol my bad!
well slap me silly.... thanks for the pointer Phil.http://emoticons4u.com/crazy/1261.gif

User 1915799 Photo

27 posts

thanks guys. shame really as I need to keep the transparency. will have to think of another way. thanks for your help.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.