Importing Yahoo SiteBuilder site into...

User 470429 Photo

Trial User
5 posts

Hi,
If anyone imported into VSD a site designed with Yahoo SiteBuilder, I appreciate any input and comments.
I am not happy with Y!SB and its html coding, and looking for other WYSIWYG editors. I'd like to know if CoffeeCup VSD would be able to import my pages?
Thanks.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,470 posts
Online Now

Sorry no, there is no import function in VSD at the moment. What you probably can do, is to open the source code of your site and copy/paste it into VSD using the html tool. You have to be careful with the 'body html' and the 'header html' You don't copy the actual <head></head> and <body></body> tags, just what is in between. And then you have to use the 'Add files' function that you find under Settings, to add all the graphic/sound/whatever files and other files that are connected with your site.

I have not done this myself, but I think it would be worth a try. If it works, it would be nice if you would let us know. :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 470429 Photo

Trial User
5 posts

Inger wrote:
...What you probably can do, is to open the source code of your site and copy/paste it into VSD using the html tool...

Inger,
Thanks for reply. If I do this and then further modify the page with VSD (say, drag and drop an object), would it convert html into whatever coding method it uses, or it would keep the original coding? My goal is to do away with the coding that
Y!SB uses because of the number of problems it causes.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.