How do I get my host to read a vnu...

User 170591 Photo

21 posts

I have been trying to get my homepage posted, and when I try to load it I just get a message saying site will be there soon. ie a placemarker. Ok, I go in and rename my index.vnu to index.html, and I get basically gibberish when it loads. How do I get my file into a format that my host will read?

Jake
Jake
...always remember that wherever you go, there you are.

www.thepenpoint.com
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

OK, I assume you are using Visual Site Designer here. Well, I thought that the programme will automatically make your VNU files html when it uploads? What is the web site address you have? Are you using the internal ftp programme that came with VSD to upload your files?

Post back and let us know so we can try and help.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 170591 Photo

21 posts

Thanks for the reply, it was my bad, I had been reading about it everywhere, but for some reason I was having a senior moment and it didn't click, simply upload the file using the publish button and give it the information it needs when asked. Go Figger! Something actually works the way you would expect! I love it, you can't have it back!!

Jake
Jake
...always remember that wherever you go, there you are.

www.thepenpoint.com
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

jacob@thepenpoint.com wrote:
Thanks for the reply, it was my bad, I had been reading about it everywhere, but for some reason I was having a senior moment and it didn't click, simply upload the file using the publish button and give it the information it needs when asked. Go Figger! Something actually works the way you would expect! I love it, you can't have it back!!

Jake

Hey, stop thief!

Enjoy - Jake, watch out over the next few weeks as CoffeeCup will be releasing Version 5 of Visual Site Designer (I know, figure that one out, from 3 all the way to 5). It has lots more functions and cool things in it (I know as I have been Beta Testing it). It allows you to centre your pages, have great looking effects with pictures and loads more.

We are still Beta Testing, but it should be released very soon (I mean Very Soon!).

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Quit gettin' us all excited, Mark. If they delay releasing it, I'm blaming you for spreadin' the word and making us impatient. :P
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Adam Richesin wrote:
Quit gettin' us all excited, Mark. If they delay releasing it, I'm blaming you for spreadin' the word and making us impatient. :P

Adam, you are going to love it! Oh, hold on, a message from Scott. Sorry, release delayed by another six months. lol.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 99189 Photo

Ambassador
30 posts

Mark Searson wrote:
...watch out over the next few weeks as CoffeeCup will be releasing Version 5 of Visual Site Designer (I know, figure that one out, from 3 all the way to 5). It has lots more functions and cool things in it (I know as I have been Beta Testing it). It allows you to centre your pages, have great looking effects with pictures and loads more.

We are still Beta Testing, but it should be released very soon (I mean Very Soon!).

Mark

Mark,

Will Version 5 of Visual Site Designer allow us to clean up our URLs and make them what we want, without "My_Homepage_Files" and the page number?

S D Johnson
www.HouseofDeception.com
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Samuel Johnson wrote:
Mark Searson wrote:
...watch out over the next few weeks as CoffeeCup will be releasing Version 5 of Visual Site Designer (I know, figure that one out, from 3 all the way to 5). It has lots more functions and cool things in it (I know as I have been Beta Testing it). It allows you to centre your pages, have great looking effects with pictures and loads more.

Mark

Mark,

Will Version 5 of Visual Site Designer allow us to clean up our URLs and make them what we want, without "My_Homepage_Files" and the page number?

S D Johnson
www.HouseofDeception.com

I replied to your question about this in the other thread. One thing I failed to mention there, is that the page1 page2 is still there atthe moment, but as I have said, this is still beta, things are being worked out and ironed all the time. Hence Beta.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.