How do I get a form or other addons...

User 444401 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Hi, I'm just starting to build my website- www.aipbiz.com and I am trying to ad a contact us form. How do I get a (contact) form into my webpage? I am using Visual Designer and the form builder. I have the complete package and host through LunarPages.
I would also like to have a photo gallery and slide show. Is there a way to make a page where users can upload a photo(like for a contest) and then let people vote on them?
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

well first you would make your form or use one of the many templates included. If you use a Contact Template you can add an upload button for your customers to upload 1 image at a time to your server or a MySQL database. After you save your from you have chosen -a pop up window with the code on the right side and upload on the left will pop up , hightlight the code on the right, and paste that code in Visual Site Designer's page. then upload using the upload now button on the left.
You should have your Lunarpages settings filled in to use the built-in FTP of your program. if not and you need help with that please let us know or see this thread http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/topic-archives/templates/54
A suggestion I have is if you need more than 1 photo then have the customers put all there images in a zip file, just put directions as to how to do this on your site. Or as I've seen work was a 6 forms linking to each other after each upload.
The way you put the form on your VSD page is basically the same for all of Coffeecup's applications.

User 444401 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Thanks Bruce,
I'll try that.
User 292322 Photo

22 posts

After I copied the text I went back int VSD and opened the HTML tool and pasted the text into the Body HTML tab. I then went to preview the form and it said:
OOPS! You forgot to upload swfobject.js ! You must upload this file for your form to work.

please help
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Have you installed Flash yet? Go to www.adobe.com and install the free Flash player.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 292322 Photo

22 posts

yes it is
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What is the link to your form?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

You may have copied & pasted the text, but if you haven't already, you also need to add the files the flash object uses (swf/xml/etc). If you're using an older version of VSD, the Add Files Wizard should've popped up after adding the text with the HTML Tool. The newer versions (5.8+) have an Add Flash Tool on the left menu for adding the necessary files as well as the code.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.