free templates #2 - Post ID 27370

User 157564 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

Hello, ive been playing around with the visual site designer, and a few other trial programs, getting ready to buy the real things. First of all, the free templates, were they made using coffee cup software, if so which programs were used, cause they make my websites look like they were done by a pre schooler. Second, does the real versions come with more features?/

thanks
Adam
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Adam Vaughan wrote:
Hello, ive been playing around with the visual site designer, and a few other trial programs, getting ready to buy the real things. First of all, the free templates, were they made using coffee cup software, if so which programs were used, cause they make my websites look like they were done by a pre schooler. Second, does the real versions come with more features?/

thanks
Adam

Adam, CoffeeCup are in the process of beta testing a new version of VSD. It is a great improvement over VSD 3 and has plenty more features. It will be going into the second beta stage very soon (about 5-7 days), and will be released to the general public soon after. You may wish to hold on till that comes out.

The trial software is fully functional, what you have in the trial is what you have in the full version.

I am not sure about who or what made the templates, however, if you could post a link to one that you have been playinh with, we can see what you mean by 'being done by a pre schooler'.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 157564 Photo

Trial User
4 posts

What i meant, and i think i worded my question wrong and confused everyone, is that i have been looking at the templates available on this website for download, under the free software & more heading and i wanted to know which of the coffee cup programs were used to make those.

I really like them and i meant that they make the website i made look like a preschoolers, thats all,

sorry to confuse
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Adam Vaughan wrote:
What i meant, and i think i worded my question wrong and confused everyone, is that i have been looking at the templates available on this website for download, under the free software & more heading and i wanted to know which of the coffee cup programs were used to make those.

I really like them and i meant that they make the website i made look like a preschoolers, thats all,

sorry to confuse

OK - I understand. I think, not sure though, that these were made outside CoffeeCup.

There would have been a mixture of programmes that made them. Photoshop, I am sure is the main programme. As the templates are made from PSD files, that is images that have layers, you would need a programme like that to change the buttons etc. There are several free programmes out there that do this if you don't have Adobe Photoshop. I do have a list of them somewhere, so will post that here a little later.

However, these templates can be used veryeasily in either the HTML Editor or VSD.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 56137 Photo

8 posts

I CAN'T wait until Desisgner 5 comes out!
I'm sorry - but I can't wrap my head around the whole programming thing, and VSD does the job for me.

I just hope that we get to modify the file locations to something other than MY Homepage or similar.

After all... I might be an amateur, but my site doesn't have to advertise the fact.

I'm in the middle of redesigning my site - can VSD 5 import files from 3?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.