frameset or frame sites ?? - Post ID...

User 503621 Photo

266 posts

is it possible with VSD ?
Thanks !
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

Hi HotWheels,

only if you use the HTML tool. Not in a WYSIWYG way....

John
John van Hulst
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

hmmmmmmm i was suspecting that ...any example ?
Thanks , i wanted to make a menu or a flash banner over a Shopping Cart Creator shop
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

HotWheels wrote:
hmmmmmmm i was suspecting that ...any example ?
Thanks , i wanted to make a menu or a flash banner over a Shopping Cart Creator shop

Hi HotWeels,

What you should do is:

1: Make a folder in the root of your domain called webshop
2: upload your webshop to that folder
3: and upload your main site to the root

so both sites don't get mixed up

Now if you give me the name of your domain (i.e. you main website address), I'll make an example for you tonight

Success, John

John van Hulst
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

John,thanks a lot,i got you perfectly
I was thinkin about that but i want the Flash banner to display over my shop
I Mean my intention was to mix the sites but i guess i will have to give up
Since its not possible with SCC
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

HotWheels wrote:
John,thanks a lot,i got you perfectly
I was thinkin about that but i want the Flash banner to display over my shop
I Mean my intention was to mix the sites but i guess i will have to give up
Since its not possible with SCC

You can show a flash banner as well 'over' your webshop, if you put the html code of it in another HTML box. See here: www.djtwister.nl it's got a flash banner on top of the page (and other objects added with the HTML tool, like the music player), mixed with a menu made with VSD.

Cheers, John

P.S. Never give up!
John van Hulst
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

Thanks but what's the correct way ? maybe step by step ?? hehe
Im now upgrading to Shopping Cart Designer PRO
User 104702 Photo

293 posts

HotWheels wrote:
Thanks but what's the correct way ? maybe step by step ?? hehe
Im now upgrading to Shopping Cart Designer PRO

There's not really a correct way. Also there's not really a non-correct way as well.... If you use VSD as a way to combine a Flash banner and SCC into a main site, then:

1: First set up your main site, with maybe contact info, things like that.
2: Add the Flash Banner to the top (I presume you want it at the top) with the HTML tool. If you use Coffeecup software to make the banner, the procedure to do this is built-in inside VSD.
3: Upload the SCC site to a subfolder on your domain, to avoid mixing up the VSD site and the SCC site. For instance to http://yourdomain.com/scc . I advise you to use a FTP software for this and always upload a complete new version (which you first saved under a new name) and not only changed parts, and before that, delete all old versions on your server.
4: Use iframe to show the SCC site on your main site inside a HTML box. This maybe sounds difficult, but this is not really so... Iframe makes it possible to show a website/webpage inside another website. the simplified HTML code is:

<iframe src="yourdomain.com/scc/index.html" width="600" height="800" scrolling=yes></iframe>

This code you copy inside a HTML box. The width and height of course are the width and height of your scc site, and you should set scrolling to yes (like here) if the height of your scc site exceeds the height of the iframe.

Of course iframe can be used for countless other things, like incorporating an external guestbook in your site, show Google Maps inside your site (for directions), whatever...

Success, John
John van Hulst
User 503621 Photo

266 posts

Thanks a lot John !!!!!!
I will try this !!!!!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.