Create Photo Gallery, put code in...

User 436927 Photo

3 posts

I created a photo gallery in CoffeCup Photo Gallery, clicked save, copied the HTML text to my clipboard, opened Visual Site Designer, created a HTML box, copied the HTML code to the body tab, clicked OK, and then I do not get the pop up for the ADD FILES WIZARD that supposedely I am supposed to be getting. Can anyone help!?!?!?
Once I click OK, nothing happens (it does not go to the Add files wizard or anything).

I am using VSD version 3.0. I bought it as a software box (not a download version). So another question is - do I really have to BUY the new version to upgrade, since I already purchased this 3.0 software from the store about 2 months ago!? IS there an issue with this version that is not prompting the Add Files Wizard?
Thanks for your help!

In case anyone needs it, this is the html code that I am pasting:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
width="639" height="544" id="CC7240692" align="middle">
<param name="movie" value="PetalsEdgePhotoAlbum.swf"/>
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="FlashVars" VALUE="xmlfile=PetalsEdgePhotoAlbum.xml"/>
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="lt" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<embed src="PetalsEdgePhotoAlbum.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="639" height="544"
name="CC7240692" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></object>

THANK FOR YOUR HELP!!!
Uncle Wally
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

I believe Cosmi offers that version, so yes you will not see the add files pop up in 3.0. you will need to buy the full version currently 5.7 for the add files wizard. the gallery will work in that version but you do upload the gallery files in the built-in ftp and then just upload your version thru it's ftp as well and it should work.
you will have to rely on your positioning for this version by checking it on the server. sorry.

User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Bruce is right. Although the VSD in the package was created by CoffeeCup, it was Cosmi's "Perfect Website Creator" and not supported or updated by CoffeeCup. However, for those unfortunate few, you can upgrade to CoffeeCup's latest & greatest for $19 rather than paying the full price (currenty $49) and you are then entitled to CoffeeCup's support & free upgrades as well. ;)
User 270501 Photo

7 posts

Hi,

I have the latest version of VSD. I also use Photo Gallery. According to the tutorials the wizard is supposed to appear but it doesn't. Instead, after you insert your HTML code and click ok you will see a box that has three options. Edit HTML...Insert Flash...Remove Flash. If you click on Insert Flash..then a box comes up and you have to go to the folder where your XML is for that particular Gallery. Click on that and everything is put in the right place and you can view your photo gallery.

Don't know if this helps but that's the way my VDS works.

Cpt B Bear
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Cpt B Bear hi,
you are correct. the version 5.7 had the Add Files wizard pop up after using the Html Tool, the new version 5.8, when using the Html Toll you have to manually click the Add Files wizard under settings to add anything.
I'm not sure if thats a plus or minus, but thats how it stands now.
The little box you see is just as it states, if you wish to edit the Html that you just placed on the page you can either double click it, or just click it in the box.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.