beginner confused about ftp - Post ID...

User 173942 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

I have built a web site and it is saved as mainstreamwrestling2006.vnu
My host tells me that I have to change it to ftp format. Can anyone please explain to me in full DETAIL how to do this. I am new at this and not quite sure what to do.
Thank you to anyone who can help me.
User 95186 Photo

Ambassador
163 posts

Hi,

I am not a user of VSD which is what I am assuming you are using. If this is the case, there was another post on something similar that may help:

http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/topic-a … -fixed/040

If not, just hang around as there are quite a few very willing people here that will help out. :)

Regards,

Simon.
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

MSW Love wrote:
I have built a web site and it is saved as mainstreamwrestling2006.vnu
My host tells me that I have to change it to ftp format. Can anyone please explain to me in full DETAIL how to do this. I am new at this and not quite sure what to do.
Thank you to anyone who can help me.

Are you using VSD to upload your web site, or are you using another ftp programme? Sometimes, some hosts don't like the way that VSD tries to do things, in that case you need to use an external FTP.

If you are using an ftp programme, then what you need to do is create a folder on your C Drive and call it website. Now open VSD, File, Export. Choose mainstreamwrestling2006.vnu and choose the folder you just created to export to. This will now cahnge the files etc to the currect format. Now use your external ftp to upload your site.

If you are using the Upload function in VSD, then this will convert everything for you automatically.

Does any of that help at all?

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.