Animation Studio - Post ID 243621

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

David Morton wrote:
I have decided to give up on Visual Site Designer and research the internet for a website designer that I can use as an alternative. It is obvious that something is wrong with Visual I have discovered that Animation Studio works fine without Visual Site Designer. Unfortunately, I have invested too much in CoffeeCup programs (I currently own 18 CoffeeCup components) so I will have to find some means of using what I have. Incidentally I was able to use three of the components in Dreamweaver with no problem. They preformed very well, with no issues at all. However, I do not wish to continue to use Dreamweaver as it is both complicated and clumsy to use. Thank you again for your efforts on my behalf ... they were appreciated very much. My apologies for taking so much of your time in a lost cause.

Animation Studio works perfectly with VSD David. The problem is you are not putting the files that Animation Studio makes in the correct location. Here is a quick test site that I made that shows VSD and Animation Studio working in perfect harmony. Note, this took under 5 minutes, so no judging on quality. ;)

http://eight.coffeecup.com/

If using the Add Files part is confusing you, then you can do that part of the process manually with an FTP client. Just publish your website in VSD and then upload the Animation Studio files manually.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 37941 Photo

17 posts

Okay ... you convinced me that the situation warrants another effort, so I will uninstall and re-install VSD and Animation Studio. I will also re-build the website from scratch ... incidentally is it necessary to place all files under the root folder (i.e.) is the creation of sub-folders a complication with the software? I had the habit of creating a sub-folder in Dreamweaver for each element. I never had any issues with this procedure and it gave me a better idea what went where in the website design. At any rate I am unable to do anything until next week. If I am not successful, I will utilize the phone support that I was offered. Thanks again ... this is becoming a bad habit.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

I would not put all files in the ROOT. Use sub-folders. /js for your script files for example.

On another note. Your web site was looking okay. All you needed to do was upload your .js files to the /js directory and your slideshow would work fine. As Scott suggested, you could just use an FTP program for that. Of course, it's BETTER and in my mind easier, to do it all in VSD. Just use the Add Files option and create your sud-directories and make sure all the right files are in the right places. Then VSD will publish everything correctly. Good luck.
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 37941 Photo

17 posts

I had some time this morning, so I installed Direct FTP (which I purchased some time ago) and after creating the js folder I uploaded the .js files. There was no change in the situation. I would appreciate it very much if you would take a look at the site to determine if I did what was required correctly. Please note that I was unable to preview the site from Direct FTP.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You have the scripts in the correct place, but these images are missing:

{"url": "images/1962_MGA_MK_II_(Left).png", "position": 0, "timeOnStage": 2000},
{"url": "images/1967_Austin_Mini_Cooper_(Left).png", "position": 1, "timeOnStage": 2000},
{"url": "images/2007_Locost_Lotus_(Left).png", "position": 2, "timeOnStage": 2000},
{"url": "images/MG_Midget_Special_(Left).png", "position": 3, "timeOnStage": 2000},
{"url": "images/MG_'Y'_Special_(Left).png", "position": 4, "timeOnStage": 2000}

Example:
http://dlm999.coffeecup.com/images/1962_MGA_MK_II_(Left).png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Your last image images/MG_'Y'_Special_(Left).png

Remove the quote from around the Y...it should be images/MG_Y_Special_(Left).png

Those little typos are pesky ( technical term ). :cool:
User 37941 Photo

17 posts

I was not able to find any quotes in the specified file. It is true that I did have quotes in the original document, but there should not be any now. Also, is there any simple way that I can update the website on my computer so that it is the same as on website on the internet. I have made changes to the internet version that are not reflected in the computer version.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

Not really. It's designed to work the other way around. You need to make the changes in VSD or any time you publish or sync to the site what's on the internet will be changed. That may be your problem. If you're updating the internet but not making the changes on your computer.

The file I mentioned above ( without the quote around the Y ) is what is physically on the internet. That is how that file needs to be refernced in VSD. It's not. On the page published from VSD it's showing the quotes. Can't say enough ... what is in VSD is what gets published to the net. Make any corrections in VSD then publish to the net. Should fix your issues.

Also, once you have the proper files using the Edit/Add Files option in VSD ... you will be able to preview the slideshow in VSD. If you cannot preview it, then it will not work on the internet. Get everything working first, then publish. Good luck. :cool:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.