Gif Animator color problem - Post ID...

User 166008 Photo

388 posts

I am using the laterst version of the Gif animator and am having trouble with adding pictures to it. When I add jpegs they change color and possibly resolution. It looks like they go to 16 bit color or something. They look horrible and strange. I have tried restarting the program, uninstalling and reinstalling it. The files are small jpegs. I have the program set for no transparency, self adapting palette and no error diffusion. Why is the program making the pictures look so bad?
User 42578 Photo

Ambassador
1,176 posts

The Z Man wrote:
I am using the laterst version of the Gif animator and am having trouble with adding pictures to it. When I add jpegs they change color and possibly resolution. It looks like they go to 16 bit color or something. They look horrible and strange. I have tried restarting the program, uninstalling and reinstalling it. The files are small jpegs. I have the program set for no transparency, self adapting palette and no error diffusion. Why is the program making the pictures look so bad?

There is a big difference between jpg's and gif's
JPG allows millions of colours whereas GIF is limited to 256 colours.
Your JPG's that you want to convert should not be photographic quality but rather cartoon quality.
Try reducing the number of colours in your jpg's to see what they will look like as a gif.

Mike...
http://www.wpdfd.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.