Exporting color to Firestarter - Post...

User 193638 Photo

557 posts

I am trying to make a flash with a background that will match my website. I have SCCP with the Classical Jazz theme. I am using Firestarter to create a flash that I will put into the header of a VSD7 theme (Classical Jazz also) to create a home page that I can link to from SCCP.

I used Color Schemer to "Snatch" the coloro off the theme. How do I get this color into Firestarter?
I cannot read the PDF file in Color Schemer because it will not open up my Adobe Reader. I checked the online help files and there is nothing there. The only thing refers to how to do it in VSD by:

Now go to the page you are working on in Visual Site Designer and click the Default Color tool (the small colored rectangular box located at the very top of the left toolbar). This opens the Color window, which allows you to choose from a predefined set of colors in the operating system. If you click Define Custom Colors, you'll be able to enter the RGB (red, green, blue) values into the Red, Green, and Blue fields. You can also define custom colors using the Hue, Saturation, and Luminosity (HSL) values if you have them. Click OK to add this color to the Custom Colors palette

It says to click the Define Custom Color tab. I can't do that in VSD because it is grayed out, and I can't do it in Firestarter because that tab is also grayed out.

How do I get the color into Firestarter??
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

was going to answer this Adobe thing in the other thread and forgot lol. Adobe reader and Adobe acrobat are not the same things. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader for reading PDF files. Adobe Reader is basically an eBook reader.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Adobe Reader is not an ebook reader. It is the software 99% of everyone has on their computers to read PDF files. Adobe Acrobat is the main Adobe software that CREATES PDF files. Why would VSD not be able to open up Reader just to read a PDF file? It opens fine any other time.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yep you're right, I was just looking for them to see what was what and hmm it is the Adobe Reader, as mine is version 9 so it should open those files. Check to see if your files are associated with that program. To do this go to the directory that the PDF file you want to read is installed in, right click the file and choose properties. In the properties you should see a place where you can tell the file what program to use to access it. Make sure it's assocated with the Adobe Reader and if it's not, use the navigation button to do that and see if that helps with that PDF file. Sorry for the confusion on the pdf reader.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

They are associated. I can open the PDF in SCCP, no problem, but not in Color Schemer. Can you? If so, maybe you can attach it here or email it to me.

pmprdchef at msn dot com
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Here is a pic of the dialog box I get.

Attachments:
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I'm able to open it fine in the paid version, I wonder if there's a glitch with the trial version's pdf. Let me find out if CC would have a problem with me sending you the PDF file I have or not and if not I'll email it to you.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Thanks
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That normally is caused by a corrupt registry setting. If you re-install the latest Adobe Acrobat it should repair that for you. If that doesn't fix it, you will just have to open the PDF manually by navigating to the directory and double clicking on the PDF.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Scott, can you answer my question in this thread? How do I get the color I have obtained through Color Schemer into Firestarter or VSD when the Define Custom Color tab is grayed out and I can;t get it to ungray.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.