Color Schemer problem - Post ID 121150

User 78330 Photo

198 posts

Just came to use the Colour Schemer and found that for some reason when I try to use the dropper the page it tries to grab a colour from is the editor.

I just cannot get it to grab a colour from a web page. It won't let me.

I'm running the latest version of the editor and the fault seems to be in this version only. I'm pretty sure it was working in the previous update.

You can see the problem in the screenshot.

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/images/other/schemer.jpg
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Unfortunately yes, that will not work right now. However we have corrected this in the update we are currently working on.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yayyyy glad to hear it Scott, I've been hoping that was something that would be changed :)

I can definitely say the stand alone version works great though Philip, I use it constantly and have lots of color schemes saved that I use all the time :)
User 78330 Photo

198 posts

Hi Scott.

This problem hasn't been fixed in the latest update. Sorry.

Phil...
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I just tried here Phil and unless I am doing something different, it seems to work for me.

I attached a small video on what I see here.

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/c … er.mov.zip
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya philip & Scott,

Scott I think he's trying to use the one inside the HTML Editor which is what we had discussed that won't work that way. The external program works and always has, but the tool inside the HTML Editor doesn't allow you to use it outside of the program itself (kind of a major hindrance for the tool really).

Meaning, you can't use it outside of the HTML Editor other than visual things such as your Task Bar. You can't get it to go to a website page like the external tool does.

Philip if you meant the stand alone program then by all means be sure to watch that video Scott posted. If not, give the stand alone tool a try, it's pretty awesome :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I have to add a correction to my last post. Although you cannot get it to a page by trying to click the button on your taskbar to get the site page to open there is a way to do it:

Shrink your HTML Editor so it's smaller than your screen by quite a bit (half or so) adjust it so it's over the site page you want to grab a color from and then open the color schemer and you should be able to grab the color from the site page now :)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya philip & Scott,

Scott I think he's trying to use the one inside the HTML Editor which is what we had discussed that won't work that way. The external program works and always has, but the tool inside the HTML Editor doesn't allow you to use it outside of the program itself (kind of a major hindrance for the tool really).

Meaning, you can't use it outside of the HTML Editor other than visual things such as your Task Bar. You can't get it to go to a website page like the external tool does.

Philip if you meant the stand alone program then by all means be sure to watch that video Scott posted. If not, give the stand alone tool a try, it's pretty awesome :)

I did use the Color Schemer that is built into the editor for that video.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya philip & Scott,

I did use the Color Schemer that is built into the editor for that video.

Yes, but you can't get to websites if they aren't already opened on the screen, unlike the stand alone version that allows you to minimize it to the taskbar allowing you to open your browser and then open the Color Schemer on top of it. We had this discussion a while back when you told me that it's not possible to do this with the internal HTML one because it's an app not a program or something to that effect.

All well and good, but there's a way around it so it's all good if you follow what I suggested you can still use it to get to the website pages. It's pretty much the same concept as if it were the external program, it's just that you're dealing with shrinking the HTML program rather than minimizing the Color Schemer. :)
User 78330 Photo

198 posts

Thanks each.

I've tried Jo's method and that works ok with me.

Because I don't use it often enough then I can't warrant buying the standalone programme so as long as I can get something useable then I'm happy.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.