Trying to use preview - Post ID 196924

User 496170 Photo

2 posts

Having just installed Animation Studio, I practiced the example of "caution". But when I tried to preview it from the program Toolbar on Internet Explorer, my pc launched Adobe Photoshop and showed the files as a temp.gif with layers for each image.

Since I only usually use Photoshop for my photography work, I was happy to use Win7 Control Panel > Default Programs > Set file associations to change .gif files from Adobe Ps to Internet Explorer. However, this might not suit everyone.

Is there another way to achieve a browser preview without changing the file associations?

Many thanks, Nick
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What you would have to do here is simply save your project and then manually open your .GIF file in whatever program you want to view them in.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 496170 Photo

2 posts

Thanks for the quick reply.

I like Web Image Studio and Animation Studio for quick changes to existing images, and quick and simple animation. They definitely have their place in my toolbox. It also takes much less power / memory than Photoshop or Flash, is very simple to use, and unlike Flash, produces industry standard animations.

Many thanks, Nick
User 2230819 Photo

1 post

My animation works beautifully in animation studio, but when I play it in Quicktime it runs at half speed. Anyone know why?
Caroline
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Caroline Hayes wrote:
My animation works beautifully in animation studio, but when I play it in Quicktime it runs at half speed. Anyone know why?
Caroline

Do you get the same result if you play it in your browser?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.