Edit Screen Cropped On Netbook - Post...

User 199053 Photo

55 posts

Just unwrapped Anim Studio(Full) from the box and yes it looks pretty cool, BUT the edit screen is cropped on the rh side making the pallette un-usable.
My netbook has 1024x600 max screen res but main screen shows ok.
One other thing, the cas file extension clashes with another program's files and shows wrong icon.
Will attempt to attach screenshot...
Attachments:
When everything is running sweet, that's the time to worry!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts
Online Now

Could it be that you have set the screen to zoom in? Check if it is at 100%, if not, use ctrl - or ctrl + and see if that helps.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The reason you cannot see the entire interface may be that you are using Large Custom DPI settings. You will need to change this to Normal DPI for the program to work. Here's how:

For Windows XP
Go to your Desktop, right-click it, and select Properties. Next, click the Settings tab and press the Advanced button. You will now see a DPI setting. If it is set to Large/120 DPI, set it to Normal/96.

For Windows Vista
Go to your Desktop, right-click it, and select Personalize. Select Adjust Font Size (DPI), located in the upper left-hand corner of the window. This will display the DPI setting. If it is set to Large/120 DPI, set it to Normal/96 DPI.

For Windows 7
Go to your Desktop, right-click it, and select Personalize. Select Display, located in the lower left-hand corner of the window. Then select Set Custom Text Size (DPI). This displays the DPI setting. If it is set to Large/120 DPI (125%), set it to Normal/96 DPI (100%).

Additionally, some Windows 7 themes change the default fonts to a nonstandard one, causing the issue described here. Change your theme back to the standard Windows 7 theme and see if that helps.

Let us know if this solves the problem. If not, feel free to get back in touch!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 199053 Photo

55 posts

Thanks for the reply Scott. I've had the same issue with other programs so I doubt if it's a software issue. Netbooks are ok but screen size always seems to be a problem. It's running XP Home.
I'll try the tips that you gave me. If that doesn't solve it I'll un-install from netbook and install on my Acer laptop which has a normal screen size.
It's a nice program.
Many thanks.
Will get back soon.
User 199053 Photo

55 posts

Okay, DPI was already set to 96 so I reduced it to 72 which is starting to get a bit eye-straining.
The result was that the display opened up quite a bit more but the extreme rh side of the palette was clipped half way through the last column of colours and the bottom of the palette disappeared.
Have now restored my previous settings and will shift the program to my Vista laptop.
No prob.
BTW: Have also tried Ingers tip which failed to improve matters.
The netbook in question is an Advent Milano, in case you want to steer clear of the problems I have been having.

I don't really expect any issues on laptop.
Thank you both for your help.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.