Changing static HTML to responsive...

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Michael,

Both RLMP and RSD only have one setup type that I can find and that's CoffeegrinderDDE.

I just went and looked to see if I could change it but I didn't see a way. I have the latest builds of both programs. Am I missing something because I do remember being able to change that?
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts

The layout type is selected when you open a start a project under "File" "New From".
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Eric,

I knew I had seen that somewhere but just couldn't remember.

I have a couple of weird things happening at a resolution bigger than 1187px. Where you rebuilt the Visual Lightbox there is a black border that appears and I have all the borders and corners set to off for that row, column etc..

I also noticed where I dressed up the bog section (after I changed to regular columns like Michael did for my layout) that I'm getting some of the hidden elements that show where they are not supposed to show.

Is this maybe something that may need a support ticket? I don't like bothering support unless it's absolutely necessary.

I did rework the header because of the border not doing what I wanted and the images are not looking very good right now but that's fixable.

Here's a link to the latest file on my test site: http://mytestblog.net/harbormod3/

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Eric Rohloff wrote:
The layout type is selected when you open a start a project under "File" "New From".

Eric, Is there any way to 'import' my existing RSD file into the CoffeegrinderDDP? Or, would I have to create a new file with that format and build it back from the beginning?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ernie Hodge wrote:
Eric Rohloff wrote:

Eric, Is there any way to 'import' my existing RSD file into the CoffeegrinderDDP? Or, would I have to create a new file with that format and build it back from the beginning?

You cannot switch frameworks at this time.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Thanks Scott.
Is the current format going to be the only one for RSD or will others be added later?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ernie Hodge wrote:
Thanks Scott.
Is the current format going to be the only one for RSD or will others be added later?

There are plans to include foundation and bootstrap frameworks as well.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2023679 Photo

141 posts

Ernie, I wouldn't worry about the DDE or DDP thing too much right now. I only mentioned it because the file was acting a little goofy for me. But that could just be a problem on my computer or something. If its working okay on your end, then I'd just keep going with it as it is.

I had trouble with the black lines too, but found a way to fix it. I can show you what I did this afternoon (AZ time zone), as I'll be away all morning.

Not sure which hidden elements you are talking about. I didn't have time to take a good look at it this morning.
User 2023679 Photo

141 posts

Hey Ernie. I found where that black line around the photos at the large screen size was hiding. You need to push your slider past the furthest hidden break point on the right. So now the black line should show on the RSD screen around the photos. Now, go to Style/Apply To, and change it from Class to ID. Finally go down to the border setting and turn the px on the border to zero or just use the drop down and set the border to 'None'. Just make sure the 'Apply to' box is set for 'ID' when you do this, or else it won't work. Should be gone now.

p.s. the site is really starting to shape up. I like the styling you did in the menu area. Yeah, I see that short red line showing up at different break points, not necessarily when you want it to. If you post your latest RSD file, maybe one of us can find out what the deal is on that.
User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Michael,

I would have never thought to look there so thank you so much.

I still had to dig a little to find where the active border was. It turned out to be on the row.

I'm not going to post my latest RSD file right now. I want to finish this up myself but if anyone wants the finished file I will post a link here. I don't mind sharing and if it will help anyone else I will do that.

Yes, still have to work on the decorations a little. I need to change the one image to a png but the lighthouse is an animated gif. Maybe I can talk the client out of the animation and get two images that will work responsive. The lighthouse is being a pain.

I'm going to work on that after diner tonight and the hr's that are showing where they are not supposed to show.

Thanks again for finding that pesky border. :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.