Norton 360

User 452210 Photo

14 posts

WAM was working GREAT on my PC until installing Norton 360 protection. Now WAM sits on "retrieving directory" and doesn't go any further. My simple Filezilla FTP software works but it's evident WAM is now blocked. I've been reading and searching for several nights and can't seem to find the setting or why WAM can't get through.... suggestions please. Thanks! ~gary
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Uninstall Norton 360 ;)

Honestly, don't really have any other suggestions that I can think of. I personally never use any anti-virus or firewall applications because they cause more problems then a potential virus ever can ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2054918 Photo

11 posts

Have you looked in the program permissions on Norton? It usually is hard to find but it is somewhere in your firewall settings
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

BTW Gary, how is the cruising going out there? It is a nice warm 26 here in Atlanta. Wish I was out there in the Pacific with ya ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Norton is expensive and restrictive bloatware. I stopped using Norton and Macafee long ago.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.