404 redirect

User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

I made a 404.html (customed) but when I set that in WAM it doesn't go to it,
am I doing something wrong?
XP-SP3 IE7
Under tools I go to Advanced options,error documents, select the radio button
"Use Specific Pages etc;" and type in the url to my 404.html and it doesn't seen to get there. any help is appreciated.
http://www.kellyinfo.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You may need to confirm with your hosting provider and see if they allow it. If you have set it up correctly and it isn't working, it could be your provider does not allow custom redirections.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

will check thanks Scott.:)

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I had an account with 3IX and had the same problem. When I called them, they had no idea what I was talking about at first. Had to go through 3 different techs to learn I could only control 301 and 404 redirects.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.