Web Form Builder (HTML version) Tips...

User 2147646 Photo

233 posts

Oben wrote:
I want my form displayed when a link(button created with XARA WEB DESIGNER) is clicked. I can't find a way to make it work. It works with a simple text as a link. Any suggestion in how to do it?
Thanks

This is the code that goes into the <body> :

<!-- Start of the body content for CoffeeCup Web Form Builder -->
<a class='fb_iframe' href="./ContactForm/ContactForm.html">Click here</a>
<!-- End of the body content for CoffeeCup Web Form Builder -->

In Xara select the button and give it the name
htmlclass=fb_iframe :)

User 2855537 Photo

2 posts

Thanks James, Could you please explain it a little more? What do I change in the <head> code?
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Designing custom Contact Form with Web Form Builder

https://youtu.be/EpIUoR70O10

Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 434929 Photo

Ambassador
938 posts

Part 2: Adding Functionality To Basic Contact Form

https://youtu.be/39DoZo1v2RU

Guys at coffeecup are awesometacular.
User 1605411 Photo

5 posts

The question hasn't been asked that I can locate in the forums, and it was a concern of mine. Since there was no documentation found on my searches, I thought I'd try and save somebody else the grief figuring this one out.

One of the last pieces of information when a form is submitted, is the IP address of the form user. If the form is used on an internal network, there is no issue, but hosting on a public server does no good getting a local IP address. What is needed is the public IP address, both would be helpful if somebody was abusing the system. That said, I found a quick fix.

Open the formpage.cls.php file in the fbapp/php directory, locate the section which sets "SetPostValues", you will immediately see a comment "// ip address and timestamp". This is the section we need to modify by commenting out the lines like in the example below:

// if( isset( $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] ) ) {
//
// list( $this->post[ '_fromaddress_' ] ) = explode( ',', $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] );
//
// } else {
//
$this->post[ '_fromaddress_' ] = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] ;
// }
}

Now when you run your form, the public IP address will be captured, and not the internal network private IP address.
Hope this helps others, I spent a significant time searching code trying to find this gem. The extra comment marks on the blank lines are not necessary, but I used them as a visual flag as I'm scrolling through code, you could also remove the lines entirely, but commenting them out means you can reverse the changes in a snap.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
But rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out,
Shouting '... MAN, WHAT A RIDE !'

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.