Web Form Builder 1.2 Build 3613 And...

User 970 Photo

25 posts

I am using Wordpress to develop my site as I have been directed to by my SEO guy.

I am using Worpdpress 3.3 (latest version) as well as Headway Theme.

I wanted to cut and paste the code generated by Web Form Builder into a text Widget area to display for my form. This should allow the form to be displayed and operate.

Unfortuntely, the right side of the form is cut off. I can resize the form as much as I like, but the form alsways remains too large and the right approximately 1/4 of the form is not displayed.

I have tried resizing the widget area, resizing the form both using hte apps and by resizing the sizes displayed in the code, and none of it seems to work. Note: The files have been uploaded to the root directory where Wordpress is installed. There is no problems DISPLAYING the form, it just will not display correctly.

My temporary fix is simply using [A different form], which has allowed me to create a "good enough" form, but it pales in comparison tot he awesome form I designed with Web Form Builder. I would prefer NOT to deal with an outside web site to enable basic form processing, and I did, after all, pay for Web Form Builder. Getting [A different form] to work was as easy as pasting a line of code in the Widget area, and in literally 3 minutes, it was working perfectly.

I do not see this as a Wordpress issue since a free service is able to easily generate code which works. The problem is, I'd VASTLY prefer to use Web Form Builder as it is more powerful and useful.

So, any advice? Thoughts? Input? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

My current url is: http://www.car-accident-and-injury-lawy … page_id=59
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Atlasscott,

Sounds to me like you aren't editing the correct areas of the form files to resize it to your needs. There are settings in the program for some of it, but you need to edit the CSS files of the form to really get the size you need correctly. There are quite a few files in it and the best way to do it is to do it inside the HTML Editor where you can actually view it on a page. Try making a page in there that has the width of the space you need on Wordpress and edit the CSS files to see how it affects it.

Not saying it's easy, it's actually not that hard but definitely not plug and play like it used to be or at least not quite as plug and play as it used to be. That comes with the territory of much more awesome features so we have to dig a little deeper to find the right settings.

Don't know which ones they are for you so hopefully you have the ability to do the above and check it out :)

The new version of the HTML Editor has the ability to see what you're working on in the Preview Window when you're working on the CSS files too now by opening the HTML page you're working on and the CSS file to go with it. Click the HTML file and then click the CSS file and open the preview and you will see the page of the HTML file. Nice little feature that really makes editing the CSS a whole lot faster. If you already have the HTML Editor, I think they are running a special to get the update early for $10.00, otherwise the update itself is free when it's released.

Good luck on it and hope you get it worked out :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.