We Want Mac Applications!! ( Let's...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I was actually impressed with Windows 7. I have been using it for many release candidate and it works very well. I just hope the final release is as stable.....
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 238157 Photo

Ambassador
17 posts

I really hope you're right about Windows 7. I've heard the same from some of my friends in the know about such things. I just remember my utter disappointment when I "upgraded" my dual core from XP to Vista and the world seemed to slow down. That hardware recently failed and I am building a quad core system. If Windows 7 is as good as I hear I'll upgrade on that system. But I will miss John Hodgman.

All in all - I'd really rather use a MAC. The OS never crashes.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Gregory Bradley wrote:
GUYS, I THINK WE DID IT !!!!!

Scott Swedorski
VP of Development stated on the coffee cup website that MAC products are coming down the pike. You know this is possible (mainly) because of this thread!!!!!!!!

I'm stoked .... But still patient.

But seriously, We stayed true to the product and it looks like the product is gonna reward us.

Now if us Linux users could just get the same satisfaction :rolleyes: *sigh* I guess I'll just have to keep dual-booting for the next eternity...
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 289981 Photo

28 posts

Hey Phil, one step at a time!!!

Let us get the Mac versions first, and then we'll start a war on your behalf to get it for Linux users!!! .... LOL LOL LOL .... (I'm really laughing hard)

All the best

Gregory
User 1875922 Photo

48 posts

Philip Knudsen wrote:
I really hope you're right about Windows 7. I've heard the same from some of my friends in the know about such things. I just remember my utter disappointment when I "upgraded" my dual core from XP to Vista and the world seemed to slow down. That hardware recently failed and I am building a quad core system. If Windows 7 is as good as I hear I'll upgrade on that system. But I will miss John Hodgman.

All in all - I'd really rather use a MAC. The OS never crashes.

Hey Phil, as long as they don't try to be cute with Windows 7 in the next month, I think you will like the system, it runs on less resources then Vista required. My belief is that Vista is like ME was, a boched add on rushed to market too early just for the sake of money. Remember what ME was like, taking 98Se and turning it into a bluescreening wreck!

I noticed when I put the Windows 7 Beta on my wifes computer which is nowhere the specs of mine. Hers was running much faster and stable then my copy of Vista Ultimate. With the release candidate, I have put it on all machines in the house and have had no problems with software to date, even running software that would not correctly run on Vista.

Anyway, time will tell and hope that MS does not try to add new features to it :-)

Cheers
Jeff
--
Jeff Wilson

61 409801950 jeff@bizzdesign.com.au
User 238157 Photo

Ambassador
17 posts

Thanks Jeff -
When I first booted Vista - Windows ME did come to mind. I stuck with 98se for a long time, I still use XP when I can, and currently, I'm writing this post on my MacBook Pro - 'cause for some reason, everytime a new version of MAC OS is released, it really is an improvement. As I've said previously, it never crashes. That's hard to beat.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Vista with SP1 and 2 is not bad IF you are not trying to run it on a 486 and 128MB RAM. I am running the 64 bit version on an I7 with 6 GB of RAM and I have not a single problem. And it's a hell of a lot more secure than XP. Windows 7 will only be better.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 219179 Photo

6 posts

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus. Please give us software for Mac. Just made the switch and I'm missing my CoffeeCup!!!!
User 1801668 Photo

2 posts

Agreed. CC for Mac! Sooner rather than later. I have Creative Suite 4 for Mac but I'd really just like to kick back and do this stuff fast. Dreamweaver et al. can be so cumbersome.
User 45480 Photo

30 posts

I haven't seen this thread in a few months. It looks like were close now! I have a new 17" MBP with Dreamweaver CS3 and Dreamweaver can be real quirky. I don't know if it's CS3 or not, but I don't want to shell out the extra cash for CS4 right now. I was thinking of giving Coda a try. Now that I see we are getting closer to a CC version, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.