We Want Mac Applications!! ( Let's...

User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Well, since Apple's OSX is basically Linux with a yummy GUI added, it started out on a pretty rock-solid basis to begin with. :cool:

When Vista works, it's a beautiful thing; but, as you've said, all the eye candy in the world amounts to squat if it ain't rock solid reliable.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 183804 Photo

7 posts

I'd buy mac CC software.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Gregory Bradley wrote:
well we have to give Apple some credit for being able to carry their OS as well as supporting MS OS. Can Windows run Apple's OS or do anything that efficient?

Well, a PC could run Leopard with a hacked version (Hackintosh/OSx86), but legally, no. That's a major factor though. I never would've considered an Apple before they moved to Intel cpus, but if they can boot Leopard or WIndows, the question becomes "Why not have a Mac?" Best of both worlds. I told myself this and then bought a new PC. Some year, I may learn.

Back to CoffeeCup, I know they're looking into it, but that's about all I can say, partly because I don't know all the details nor can I speak on CC's behalf. Hopefully, they have some Mac gurus that can port over what they have. With my lack of Mac knowledge, I fear the "porting" would be starting over from scratch instead. Of course, if the Mac world is growing like it seems to be (in my eyes), it may very well be worthwhile. Again, we can only hope.
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

I thought the world was going to reverse polarity when I learned Rhinoceros 3D is coming in a Native Mac version. Now I believe anything is possible. ;)
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 289981 Photo

28 posts

Spinny .... There's hope for us all
User 523587 Photo

Trial User
1 post

Well, I don't have a PC with all the bells and whistles of anything made by Microsoft in this century. I am still using my old reliable CC software purchased years ago on my lop-along PC with Windows 98SE to create simple SWF files (see one I did years ago at: www.alberniproject.org The swf was updated last spring). I was given a new Macbook at Christmas to replace my old Mac Powerbook (which I switched to after one virus attack too many on the old PC). It would be more convenient to have some CC software available for Mac as it would make my life much easier. I don't have the money to go out and buy a new PC or even BC for my Mac so I have to make do with what is handed to me. As it is now I create a SWF file on the old PC using a very out of date version of FIrestarter, then burn the file onto a rom, then install that file into my Mac (I would love to use a flash card or firewire but my PC was built long before that technology) and incorporate it into my iWeb program or other HTML files. Since my old PC can not be upgraded for various reasons, much of what is now available to me through CC is also not usable to me even at a Windows 98 PC level. To have a program like my old Firestarter for Mac would make my life so much easier, plus since all my work is now done on a Mac and on the go. But I understand the issue of having to develop an entirely new set of software for those of us on the Mac soapbox. Too bad. I really like CC and the service I have had over the past 10 years. I have downloaded trial versions of other SWF/flash builders for Mac, but liked my CC the best. So I will keep lopping along the way I am doing things now. And keep suggesting CC software to those who can use it.
User 153775 Photo

2 posts

I would purchase CC for Mac.
User 310869 Photo

2 posts

I want a Mac app also!!! I love my Mac, don't want to run ANY PC software on it and love my Coffee Cup. iWeb just isn't for me. PLEASE make MAC software.
Jo
User 124227 Photo

73 posts

Margaret wrote:
I was showing a friend how to make a website using Coffee Cup Editor as the text editor on my PC. She was very excited. Unfortunately she uses a Mac. We googled a Mac text editor and she downloaded it but hates it. She wants Coffee Cup.I think she is going to give up on making her own web site unless she can have coffee cup.
http://www.margaretpenfold.btinternet.co.uk/

The only thing i can think of in regards to the mac issue which I be trying later this year is using bootcamp and running windows as a virtual machine. as I currenly use pc''s and windows laptops however the new macbook pro may acually get me to switch!

User 289981 Photo

28 posts

She could try using iWeb ... outside of that .... oh well

GM

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.