Post your new ideas here! - Page 39 -...

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I guess if i trawl through theres a question on this already, BUT

would it be possible to let customers have the ability to edit button text in a page on my website ?

ie could CC have a program that allows me to give password protected access to a page, or more where certain fields could be edited on the server.

I know there are programs out there that do it, but as usual, to dificult for me to cope with, so i would like a CC version to make it novice user friendly

Just converted a friend of mine to CC after he has been hard coding for 20 years !!
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 130494 Photo

Ambassador
7 posts

HTML5 based web jukebox and video player. it would be cool if they were combined

_ it would also bee cool to have a slider gallery (for featured things on your website) kinda like a jquery slider
Official cyber preacher of the world.
User 1877399 Photo

8 posts

I hope to see Coffeecup Team being inspired again to replace the FireStarter Animation software and comes with something innovative to make our life better.

It would be great to see software which would place CoffeeCup among the top software/scriptmaking provider such as:

(1) Flash Animation
(2) Blog/Forum Maker/generator
(3) Newsletter
(4) News Script

I understand Adobe has stopped mobile Flash and Apple and Microsoft seems to no longer include Flash in their OS (Windows 8 for example), yet, this has become a major concern for CoffeeCup Team who will need to re-invent the wheel probably and wish them more glorious years to come
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I think CC should create a whole new Firestarter that can be scripted. The program would be much more useful and they can generate new revenue from the new software. It's a win-win situation all around.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 14080 Photo

1 post

Would it be possible to create a widget or app', something like jukebox player which allows a site to connect to internet radio stations?

Brill' software and great Coffee!!

Cheers Pete!
User 2279840 Photo

1 post

I am a new user with Coffee Cup and have struggled a bit but overall I like the software. I was trained in XHTML and HTML using notebook so this makes website building seem easy.

My only issue has been as a new comer and not totally understanding what I needed to get my websites started I saw lots of great reviews on Coffee Cup and it was at a very competitive price, but everytime I start trying to do something new with the websites I find I have to buy more software. For example, I just bought my software in September and now I get all of these messages telling me to go from Web Form classic to the Web Form Lite so I bought the new one. The problem is I need to build several different personalized forms for different websites and I can only upload 1 to the Sdrive and It tells me that when I try to publish that part of the software isn't ready yet so I am stuck.

Can't Coffee Cup just put all of the apps together as a package even at the higher rates? I will admit the low price is what caught my attention but I am so frustrated now because I keep having to buy more. I would rather pay more and have it all to begin with.

Just a suggestion.
Kati Stewart-Riggs
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Kati - They do sell "Bundles" (although Web Form Lite isn't in any at the moment, it was in a special one up until a day or so ago). I would suggest that you download ALL of the demos and see what they are about, then decide WHICH bundle would suit your needs best.

As to only being able to upload 1 to the S-Drive... Yes, that is a temporary restriction, until the full version release is ready (which should be real soon). They you'll be able to either use multiple forms on S-Drive (depending on which package you have) or upload to your own server(s).
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,199 posts

Kati wrote:

Can't Coffee Cup just put all of the apps together as a package even at the higher rates? I will admit the low price is what caught my attention but I am so frustrated now because I keep having to buy more. I would rather pay more and have it all to begin with.

Just a suggestion.

They did.
https://www.coffeecup.com/store/superpack/
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Kati wrote:

I just bought my software in September and now I get all of these messages telling me to go from Web Form classic to the Web Form Lite so I bought the new one. The problem is I need to build several different personalized forms for different websites and I can only upload 1 to the Sdrive and It tells me that when I try to publish that part of the software isn't ready yet so I am stuck.

Just in case you weren't already aware of it, the new HTML Form Builder Lite is the pre-program to the release which hasn't been finished yet. Once it's finished and released it will have the ability to upload as many forms as you like to your servers. S-Drive has it's limits as to what packages you have of course, but if you have servers outside of there then the release of the Form Builder when finished will let you export the code similar to what we're used to with the Flash Form Builder Classic.

Hope that helps :)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Pre-program? OK, now your just making stuff up. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.