Problems Unzipping/Viewing Themes for...

User 563328 Photo

85 posts

I purchased both of the bundled themes for sitemapper and followed the tutorial but I cannot preview the them.

The tutorial said to unzip the folders (making sure that Sitemapper was closed before I downloaded and unzipped the files).

When I did this the folder no longer had the zipper however each theme within the folder (11 in one and 18 in the other folder) was also zipped. I then unzipped each theme in their respective folder deleted the text file (per the instructions on how to add themes) for each individual theme.

I then moved the folders to the proper destination -

Program Files (x86) / Coffecup Software / Sitemapper / Themes / My Themes

When I select Themes from the menu and then select My Themes the two main folders do appear but when I try to select either folder to view/select one of the themes in the preview pane it says Preview Not Available.

I tried copying the folders instead of moving them but that didn't work either. I also looked in the other Program Files folder but there was no joy there.:(

What did I do wrong?

Kelly
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

It sounds like you did not extract the themes files correctly and put the folders in the wrong place. When you do it properly, they will appear in the software.

As an example, If you have a theme called "And Dreaming", that folder needs to be inside of the My Themes folder with all content preserved.

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/sitemapperthemesinstall.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 563328 Photo

85 posts

How do I get my screenshot small enough to add this post?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Kelly Horst wrote:

Why not upload it to your server and then use the image tool here to link to it?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 563328 Photo

85 posts

Scott, I did notice after blowing up your screenshot that your path says Program Folders whereas my Coffecup Software is in the Program Folders (x86). Does this make a difference?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Kelly Horst wrote:
Scott, I did notice after blowing up your screenshot that your path says Program Folders whereas my Coffecup Software is in the Program Folders (x86). Does this make a difference?

That is only because you are on a 64-bit system. It will not have any impact on the themes. If you can view the themes that came with the software, then that also shows it works. You just need to unzip the folder correctly.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Kelly Horst wrote:

When your on the screen you want a shot of hit "prt sc" on your key board. Now open a graphics editor program and select paste. This should bring the screen shot into the program. Depending on the program you can resize or compress the image to get it below 100k. You can paste the image into paint and then resize to get it below 100k. Resizing will more then likely need to be below 70%.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 563328 Photo

85 posts

Here are my file locations:

Attachments:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sorry, but I can't read that screen shot.
User 563328 Photo

85 posts

Thanks for the tip Eric.

Scott, this is how I unzipped my file.

- Downloaded 2 Theme bundles to my download folder
- Selecting one bundle at a time, I right-clicked and Extracted All
- There were 11 ZIPPED folders in the first Zipped Folder -
- I then selected one folder at a time and unzipped it
- After reading the How To Add A Theme.... text file that is in each folder, I made sure that when I moved the file folder to My Themes, that the text file was not inlcuded.
- I followed this process for all of the folders and yet when I try to view them, I get the Preview Not Available.

As my dad would say, I am coRnfused!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.