Suggestions for Responsive Site...

User 2883 Photo

12 posts

Couple of things would have been real useful this week :/
1. An export/import a singe page from one RSD project to another.
2. Multiple level folders so that two distinct folders can share CSS files.
Any time you're ready... ;)
User 2425938 Photo

7 posts

It would also be great to be able to add Data Attributes to any elements.
It would fit really nicely within the Class / ID section.:)
User 2823310 Photo

312 posts

Can we remove the syntax corrections in the HREF, or an option to turn it off.
We can't add span tags for example or inline JS in the anchors with those auto changes.
User 2823310 Photo

312 posts

I have RSD 15 build 1394, and saw in a post that build 1419 was available.
(You get the update by way by going to "YOUR PURCHASES" from the main menu)

Can I make a tiny suggestion to add that info to the
Responsive Site Designer V1.5 is live! sticky thread.

Might be a good place to let the users know?

EDIT: or the GETTING STARTED thread might be better?
User 2823310 Photo

312 posts

Scott,
Hate to be a pain in the *** today but...
I'm thinking I didn't explain the palette focus issue properly last time,
as you were saying it was fixed.

In build 1419 if you open the palette then the style sheet you are working with,
notepad for example the palette still stays focused at the top.
Here is an image to show that:
http://i63.tinypic.com/4fxxjo.jpg

That makes it a bit of a pain to work with saved colors off a style sheet etc.
as typically you can open copy/paste when you are working with those.
User 1789302 Photo

24 posts

My suggestions, requests to make RSD better:

Instead of selling a special priced bundle package of the various software you make to add functionality to RSD, design them as not just standalones, but as actual ADD IN modules of a whole. They would then integrate seamlessly with RSD or each other without the current data transfer hassles and hours of rework required by we the customers.
Not complaining about the price for your complete RSD package you offer that includes them. And I understand you want to sell them separately and to also keep the price down in RSD. But an add IN strategy would be a win/win for you and your customers.
They could build their own responsive designer to fit their needs and grow as their needs change. You could for instance start with the email designer, add menus creator, content slider, form builder etc., in any order you needed, creating up to a mega powered RSD. Only paying for what you need when you first need it.
This base first, then premium add-in strategy has created the huge variety of add-ins and the power of the mammoth WordPress environment. And its endless variety of available specialized premium pre-made add in themes available for every type of business, organization and need. And WP is not as easy to use, learn or create exportable clean, efficient code like RSD.

I like the power of RSD and not dealing with the hassle of writing & editing HTML and CSS coding.
But, my biggest problems with RSD have resulted with the breakpoint slider bar. I use a laptop with a touch pad for a lot of my designing, since I spend a lot of time sitting, waiting to meet with clients while playing salesman, rather than actually doing the designing.
It is too easy with a touchy pointing device to cause hours of headaches before realizing what caused your problems was an accidental change on the breakpoint bar, and then fixing it and undoing the effects it had on your design.
I am constantly adding breakpoints by mistake or moving them. The breakpoint bar should be lockable and moveable. The right side should not be always hidden under the right control panel. Adding a warning popup is nice, but on a laptop you can not always get to those accidentally hidden breakpoints to remove, reposition them.
Even limiting changes to breakpoints and adding them only with an icon or a menu choice would help with the problem of accidental changes. Changes to breakpoints should be infrequent enough during the design phase to not make it too cumbersome to limit them this way.
Similarly the right hand control panel should be resizable , temporarily hideable and you should have the ability to move and reshape it around the screen like a MS windows task bar. Top, bottom, sides, its height/width.

User 1789302 Photo

24 posts

Others have mentioned these before and I add to their requests to add these to RSD:

Adding special codes and symbols to text editing like those in the “special” button in “find and replace” in Word for non breaking spaces, breaks, characters and such.

A snippet library for saving and reusing components, ie header and footer rows, on multiple pages, multiple sites.

Option of using em and % instead of px for everything, ex. Fonts, Min-height.

Selectable write permission on the css inspector for direct editing, not just read only display

Included Glossary describing what tech slang terms like “Hero Image” mean, some of us may know what all the terms mean, but not me. A feature may be there, but I won't know what it is by a less than obvious, unclear name.

Thanks
User 2530125 Photo

27 posts

I like this idea but how about it being within the program. Somehow when you load up the program it checks if an update is available. Even if there are upgrade pricing available, it would show up as a reminder.

Alter Eagle wrote:
I have RSD 15 build 1394, and saw in a post that build 1419 was available.
(You get the update by way by going to "YOUR PURCHASES" from the main menu)

Can I make a tiny suggestion to add that info to the
Responsive Site Designer V1.5 is live! sticky thread.

Might be a good place to let the users know?

EDIT: or the GETTING STARTED thread might be better?
User 2827537 Photo

13 posts

1. Add a Find and Replace function. I set up Button links on my header template which carries across 100 pages. I need to change one link. I have to do 100 pages manually.

2. Remove the limit on web pages that can be created. A limit on how many pages one can create is pointless and counter-productive.

3. Streamline the learning process. I've had to go through Video tutorials (very nice, BTW), Manual chapters, Support, Forums. Eventually they have helped but in a too time-consuming way.

4. Split the pages rather than generate one massive file that is prone to corruption, as I found out. Even the back-up files could not be opened. If pages are split one by one there's a way to limit a problem.

5. Allow QuickTime movies to be embedded rather than link people to a YouTube clip, and then back to my site, which is ridiculous. Although later I was told I could add said video clip by using a <video> code pasted from another site!

6. Allow Google ads to show during Preview mode, because you have no idea what they will look like relative to your page design, and by the time the pages are published, too late.
GoLive from 1995, which still works on OS X Mavericks but is not responsive, can do this!

5. Aside from that, bloody good job!
User 450830 Photo

148 posts

Hello
I demand CMS read again and again here
Is it possible to extend RSD program next CMS RSD.
My thought that the file RSD uses can be read into CMS RSD and vice versa.
CMS RSD would cms here can only be changed some advance word allowed in RSD.
the advantage for RSD users is that we have a very nice web design software.
the advantage for CoffeeCup they CMS RSD software sales to our customers coffeecup gives more exposure and more sales. every time RSD user create a site for someone who wants CMS is likely they buy CMS RSD

Dutch (my English is not perfect)
Nederlands (mijn Engels is niet perfect)
Hallo
ik lees hier steeds weer de vraag naar CMS
Is het misschien mogelijk om RSD uit te breiden een programma ernaast CMS-RSD.
mijn gedachte dat het bestand dat RSD gebruikt ook in CMS-RSD ingelezen kan worden en omgekeerd.
CMS-RSD zou dan het cms zijn hier kan alleen gewijzigd worden wat van te voren in RSD word toegestaan.
Het voordeel voor RSD gebruikers is dat wij een zeer prettig webdesign software hebben.
Het voordeel voor coffeeCup dat zij de CMS-RSD software aan onze klanten verkopen geeft coffeecup meer bekendheid en meer omzet. iedere keer als RSD gebruiker een site maken voor iemand die CMS wil is de kans dat ze CMS-RSD kopen
groet,

Ger van Veen
http://schilder-vanveen.nl

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.