Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 1965015 Photo

81 posts

It's great to hear that a lot of the suggestions here are being worked on for CC Shopping Cart Pro ! I recently offered some specific ideas on integration of Shopping Cart w/Photo Gallery over in the Photo Gallery suggestions:

"Integration of CC Photo Gallery with Shopping Cart Creator would be a tremendous help for sites that sell images. Here are two relatively simple suggestions on how one might consider doing this:

- include as an option a simple clickable "add to cart" button as part of the "mouse over" area that drops down with information (title/etc) about the photo, or

- an "add current image to cart" button in addition to the "show albums" and "stop/start slideshow" buttons that are already implemented in CC Photo Gallery. This would save shoppers from having to search through the photos twice for the one's they like; once in the gallery, and once in the shopping cart. (This idea also posted in the suggestions for SCC area.)

For either of those options, (since it seems likely that an item#/SKU is likely to be included as a new feature in SCC Pro) one could use this as the link between the two programs, provided a field for this is included as part of the image title/information in CC PG."

Of course, a lot of programming would be needed to implement something like this.

Any thoughts on these ides from other users of Shopping Cart & Photo Gallery or CC folks?

Thanks to all the CC folks for all their work on great new products and new functions for old products.

Jim

"You can see a lot, just by looking."

Main Site:
http://www.availablelightphotogallery.com

Store:
http://www.availablelightphotogallery.com/store/
User 250440 Photo

22 posts

I has another little request.

Could we have an option to apply tags to our products?

These should be searchable within the shop but more importanly should be available to search engines.....

Thank you.
Corrina
Kind regards
Corrina
Unique handcrafted jewellery by Corrina Smith
www.greenriverstudio.co.uk
User 1954995 Photo

53 posts

When I am entereing data in the product detail and I am using the 10 key on the keyboard, I hit the period button next to the zero and this is what I get. 810n.05 Does anyone have any idea why that n is always there when using the "." key?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Simnar Surgical, Inc. wrote:
When I am entereing data in the product detail and I am using the 10 key on the keyboard, I hit the period button next to the zero and this is what I get. 810n.05 Does anyone have any idea why that n is always there when using the "." key?

Can you tell me what the 10 key is?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 544680 Photo

171 posts

He's referring to the numeric keypad. I was able to reproduce the problem. Interesting. When entering a number with a decimal using the numeric keypad, an "n" appears to the left of the decimal.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

BookPublisher wrote:
He's referring to the numeric keypad. I was able to reproduce the problem. Interesting. When entering a number with a decimal using the numeric keypad, an "n" appears to the left of the decimal.

Strange. I can't get that to replicate for me here.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Can't replicate it here either...
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

It happens for me too Scott. Win7 64 Bit.

BTW - That's the only odd thing to report using the 64 Bit OS.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Out of curiosity I just tried that out and I end up with an 'n' in the description too??

That's using XP Pro SP2. Guess it's just one of those little 'foibles'? I wonder if it does it with other programs out there too?
User 1954995 Photo

53 posts

I am using XP at work and Vista at home. Was wondering if it was me doing something wrong or if I needed to download it again.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.