Post your Shops here! - Page 38 -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yaaaay Bob! http://wolverana.com/myimages/woohoo.gif

Glad to see you got it worked out, site looks good, now you just need to get your own domain name and you're all set :)
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Thanks Jo Ann, I own and write www.havelock.net so I want to keep it as part of that web site. Can't figure out yet how to alter the dropdown menu. I put the code into the Shop front page but I need to alter the link because it is linking back to my shop folder instead going to the htm pages. :/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ah yeah, that would be the setting for your Home Page which you can setup in the General tab of the Shop settings I believe. You'll see towards the bottom it asks you how you want your Home Page displayed and if you want to link it to an outside page and such. That's where you'd put the URL for the page you want the Home button to go to if you don't want it to be your shop home page.

I am thinking the link www.havelock.net is incorrect as it sent me instead to http://www.firstcarolina.com/ which has nothing to do with boats hehe.

As for the reason I suggest you get a domain name for the boat site, is because even though it's a subdomain setup of your havelock site, that site really isn't about boat parts, it's not really connected other than to be your site and maybe location wise in the area. You should always have a domain name for specific sites when you're doing a business to make it easier for people to find you and easier for you to list it places to get more traffic on it. Just a suggestion of course, but they are pretty cheap and it would be worth the cost for it in the end.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Sorry Jo Ann I left the NZ off It should have been www.havelock.net.nz
and my shop is www.havelock.net.nz/boatstuff.htm I am thinking of changing the name to boatstuff NZ as google finds that in the top 5 sites which isn't too bad. Hey regarding the shipping, I have 2 options local and international I was wondering how is that verified. What happens if local is entered instead of international??? Would leave me with a problem!!!:/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yeah that's one of the problems still at large with the shipping options as well as the tax options. I don't know if it's planned to make that a mandatory selection setup or not, we have suggested it though, so hopefully it will be added in a future version.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Bob wrote:
Hey regarding the shipping, I have 2 options local and international I was wondering how is that verified. What happens if local is entered instead of international??? Would leave me with a problem!!!:/
Unfortunately that is a problem that effects all shop owners at the moment Bob. I have made some suggestions to the development team about validating some of the inputs from users in the pro version, whilst it's still in beta testing, so hopefully that's something that may change real soon.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Jo Ann,
I just happened to notice an oddity with your site (accessoriesoftheworld.com/) when I use Chrome 3.0 or Safari 4.0 browsers: When I scroll down, the menu buttons scroll faster than the rest of the page so they move out of their regular "home" inside the screen-width frame. They still retain functionality though.
I don't know what the fix is, but thought you may want to know... :/

(I'm trying to attach a screen shot, but seemingly without success...)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hmm thanks Per, not sure how to test that one as I don't have either of those browsers installed, guess maybe I better do so.

My menu is created from an external program so I'll also check their site to see if anyone has reported that issue. If you get a way to post a screen shot it would be most appreciated.
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

I have the screenshot, but I just don't seem to be able to attach it to the post (feeling like an absolute idiot here!)
I click on "Attach a File", select the file (which then shows up in the little window), click on "Preview" ... and....nothing...!
What could I possibly do wrong with something as simple as this...??

By the way, according to a post by Cary not long ago, Safari and Chrome use the same "engine", so testing on one of them should suffice!
Attachments:
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

OK, "Previewing" was a mistake! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.