installing new themes - Page 1 - Post...

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

I'm trying to install new themes and I've followed the instructions in the article on how to do it and when I go to open the new themes I don't get any preview.

Is the folder for the theme meant to have underscores in it? Like this 80s_punk_right_nav

What am I doing wrong. I managed to install new themes for VSD okay so not sure why this is not working.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

tassietiger wrote:
I'm trying to install new themes and I've followed the instructions in the article on how to do it and when I go to open the new themes I don't get any preview.

Is the folder for the theme meant to have underscores in it? Like this 80s_punk_right_nav

What am I doing wrong. I managed to install new themes for VSD okay so not sure why this is not working.

Which theme are you having problems with.??
I have used several for CChtml wit no problem.
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Hi Dave,

I've just purchased the shopping cart default themes pack and was trying to install them but I'm having the same issue with all of the themes in that pack. No preview when you go to choose a theme and the underscore folder and file names which the other themes don't have.

I was all fired up ready to redesign a website tonight and then hit this wall so got nothing done.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 2144239 Photo

0 posts

Hi Tassie,

Did you make sure The HTML Editor was closed before you started adding themes? Have you closed and reopened the software since installing themes?

Follow these step-by-step instructions to install HTML Editor themes:

1) Make sure the HTML Editor is closed.
2) Unzip the theme using your favorite ZIP utility or by right-clicking the folder and selecting Extract All .
3) Go to the following file path: C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Themes\ . There, you’ll see a list of folders that correspond with the categories in the "Theme Chooser" in the software . If you want to save your theme to one of these categories, drag and drop the extracted folder to the desired category. If you would rather create a new category for the theme, create a new folder, give it the name you want to appear in the "Theme Chooser", and then drag and drop the extracted folder into this folder.
4) Open the HTML Editor and click Start With a Theme . This opens the Theme Chooser . Select your theme and click OK .
User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

tassietiger wrote:
Hi Dave,

I've just purchased the shopping cart default themes pack and was trying to install them but I'm having the same issue with all of the themes in that pack. No preview when you go to choose a theme and the underscore folder and file names which the other themes don't have.

I was all fired up ready to redesign a website tonight and then hit this wall so got nothing done.

Hi Tassietiger
Yea seems there is no preview when you go into html and go
file - new from theme.and select punk 80's
Not sure if I fully understand what you want to do but to open the theme in html editor try

what i did was to go to folder program files - coffee cup software - themes.
I could see the punk 80's themes
opened the folder n html editor and I have fles
aboutus.html
contact.html
a folder csss
a psd image and others
from there I can click on any of the html files and away I go to make changes.

What I tend to do is download themes into a main folder called CC_downloads first as a secure area which I backup to a usb drive.

If you canot see punk 80 inyour program files - coffeecup software - themes
try to copy the punk 80 folder there and see if you can get up and running from there
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

tassietiger wrote:

I've just purchased the shopping cart default themes pack and was trying to install them...

Since I don't use themes myself, I may be completely missing something here, but aren't the themes specific for each program?
Dave and Monica seem to be talking about HTML Editor themes, since this is an HTML Ed thread, while tassie is referring to Shopping Cart themes...
User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

tassietiger wrote:
Hi Dave,

Hi Tassietiger
Just noted Per's post and you were looking at shopping cart themes Sorry as this thread is in the html editor I assume you were loking at html themes.
However shopping cart themes reside in
program files- coffee cup software - templates - shoppig cart creator
I have a folder essentials and in there is a sub folder punk 80's
maybe that is what you want.
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

User 2144239 Photo

0 posts

TassieTiger, your post has been moved to Shopping Cart Creator since we are discussing themes for that program and not the HTML Editor. In the furture,please make sure to post under the correct software category so we don't get all loopy! :P

Shopping Cart Creator themes are now grouped by dimensions. We currently offer themes in either 800px width or 1024px width. The following step-by-step instructions will show you how to install theme packs:

Download your Shopping Cart Creator theme packs from your Orders and Downloads page . They will be in .zip format.
Make sure Shopping Cart Creator is closed.
Extract the .zip files. Inside the extracted file, you will see the theme file. The filename will include the name of the theme and its dimensions in pixels. Copy this file to either the Narrow Page Width (800px) folder or the S tandard Page Width (1024px) folder, located at:

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\CoffeeCup Software\Shopping Cart\Themes

Windows Vista/Windows 7:
C:\Users\{username}\CoffeeCup Software\Documents\CoffeeCup Software\Shopping Cart\Themes

Open Shopping Cart Creator. The themes will be available under the Themes tab of the Shop Settings window. I hope this helps! :)
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Monica Kelsey wrote:
Hi Tassie,

Did you make sure The HTML Editor was closed before you started adding themes? Have you closed and reopened the software since installing themes?

Follow these step-by-step instructions to install HTML Editor themes:

1) Make sure the HTML Editor is closed.
2) Unzip the theme using your favorite ZIP utility or by right-clicking the folder and selecting Extract All .
3) Go to the following file path: C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Themes\ . There, you’ll see a list of folders that correspond with the categories in the "Theme Chooser" in the software . If you want to save your theme to one of these categories, drag and drop the extracted folder to the desired category. If you would rather create a new category for the theme, create a new folder, give it the name you want to appear in the "Theme Chooser", and then drag and drop the extracted folder into this folder.
4) Open the HTML Editor and click Start With a Theme . This opens the Theme Chooser . Select your theme and click OK .

Yes I did all that.

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Dave Butler wrote:
tassietiger wrote:
Hi Dave,

Hi Tassietiger
Yea seems there is no preview when you go into html and go
file - new from theme.and select punk 80's
Not sure if I fully understand what you want to do but to open the theme in html editor try

what i did was to go to folder program files - coffee cup software - themes.
I could see the punk 80's themes
opened the folder n html editor and I have fles
aboutus.html
contact.html
a folder csss
a psd image and others
from there I can click on any of the html files and away I go to make changes.

What I tend to do is download themes into a main folder called CC_downloads first as a secure area which I backup to a usb drive.

If you canot see punk 80 inyour program files - coffeecup software - themes
try to copy the punk 80 folder there and see if you can get up and running from there

Hi Dave,

yes I can load the themes I just can't see a preview which is annoying as it makes it difficult to choose a theme without referring back to the website each time to see what they look like.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.