Where Is My Customer Data? - Page 1 -...

User 2053505 Photo

11 posts

I don't see any customer data or a MY ACCOUNT page that keeps track of customer purchases?

Where is my customer data stored - if at all?
How can a customer go to their account page to review their purchases?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That data is all stored by the merchant (PayPal, Google Checkout etc.). You can also enable transaction logging withing SCC Pro, but no customer details will be logged, only order information will be there. We do that because if personal information was stored we would need to make the software PCI Compliant which we all know is no small task.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2053505 Photo

11 posts

This system will be incomplete and unusable for our purposes until this very important data capture is added.
User 2005172 Photo

17 posts

Do you have to be PCI compliant if you don't store financial data? For instance if you kept a record of customers emails and what they had bought but not how they had paid.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

PATRICK EVANS wrote:
This system will be incomplete and unusable for our purposes until this very important data capture is added.

There are no plans at this time to ever include this sort of functionality. At least not for the foreseeable future that is. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Bob Palin wrote:
Do you have to be PCI compliant if you don't store financial data? For instance if you kept a record of customers emails and what they had bought but not how they had paid.

Boy, I hope not!!

If you offer refunds of any kind for your products, you have to keep some sort of log on your transactions so that you know who ordered what and when.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Steven Alford wrote:
Bob Palin wrote:

Boy, I hope not!!

If you offer refunds of any kind for your products, you have to keep some sort of log on your transactions so that you know who ordered what and when.

And you have that in the transaction logging now. Just match that order number up with your payment gateway.

If we stored information of a sensitive nature on your server, think of all the security precautions that would have to be put in place to protect that. Becoming PCI Compliant is no small task. This would totally take away from the attractiveness of Shopping Cart Creator.
User 2005172 Photo

17 posts

From the Security Standards (PCI) site

"If you are a merchant that accepts payment cards, you are required to be compliant with the PCI Data Security Standard."

so it seems to me that as long as you continue to use the various card processors without storing card info you would be OK to store names, order details etc.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Bob Palin wrote:
From the Security Standards (PCI) site

"If you are a merchant that accepts payment cards, you are required to be compliant with the PCI Data Security Standard."

so it seems to me that as long as you continue to use the various card processors without storing card info you would be OK to store names, order details etc.

Which requires database manipulation that many of the users (including myself) do not know how to use or setup. The software is meant to be easy to use, as are most CC applications, and is therefore setup so that there is no database needed or used with the software. It's that way by design, not by accident :)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Yeah, what she said! :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.