Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Bill Dutcher wrote:

Are there any plans to allow visitors/shoppers to create and account so we can capture e-mail addresses?

Although the cart software itself doesn't capture personal details of the shoppers, you get all that information when they order. Personally I would be against collecting of personal information from people just browsing the site, I really hate it when I get emails from places I visited that pulled my personal info without my knowledge or consent, and I can for sure tell you they make not a dime from me as they get spam marked immediately. I don't want anything like that on my site so if this were ever to be added I would extremely hope this would be entirely optional.

Other than that, an email address is usually included with the order of the person that checked out so that's at your fingertips, just not in a database.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Bill Dutcher wrote:
Are there any plans to allow visitors/shoppers to create and account so we can capture e-mail addresses? More importantly it would also be the first step in allowing a visitor to save a shopping cart for later retrieval and/or creating a wishlist that they could let others view for birthdays, Christmas, etc.

Unfortunately there are security issues involved with both the capture and safe storage of customer's details. Most countries have ecommerce directives as to how that data should be protected. The flat file database system used by Cart Creator wouldn't meet those requirements, which is why all the data capture is done of the payment processor's secure system. Safer for the customer and safer for the shop owner too.
User 411087 Photo

31 posts

I'm lovin the software...however the biggest feature for me would be the ability to handle digital downloads. I know this will be in a future upgrade, but is there a possibility that it will be relatively soon? Thanks for all the hard work in bringing us quality software and support!
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I know this will be in a future upgrade, but is there a possibility that it will be relatively soon?

:lol:
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 125823 Photo

Ambassador
2 posts

Will there be the ability to accommodate gift shops? For example Customer places an order and wants it delivered to a different person with a gift card.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Ron Rose wrote:
Will there be the ability to accommodate gift shops? For example Customer places an order and wants it delivered to a different person with a gift card.

Someday maybe, but that feature is not on the official to-do list just yet.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

I have already set that up using one of the options that the customer chooses from... gift wrapping or no gift wrapping... and asking them to supply me with the recipient's mailing details via my online form incorporated into the shop. Don't know if it works as an idea yet as I still have to get some customers... but it is set up and ready for the first one who comes through the door!!
:)
User 235072 Photo

2 posts

I am new to Cart Creator and have to say I like it so far. I have been using CubeCart for about 10 years now and know it inside and out. With all the changes going on over there I have started looking for a new cart for my stores. I have a lot of stores.... I bought Cart Creator Pro a few3 days ago and have had fun playing with it all weekend.

Here's what I have noticed so far with Cart Creator Pro and my wish list so far...

1. Using the sku as the identifier is problematic. Setting up an ID code for each item is what made CubeCart much more stable and usable. Just a thought :/

2. Not having customer info or a customer login is a huge problem for me. I cannot provide any tracking info for my customers and they all want that. It is a feature that is required to compete in the ecom market. I know using a flat file datebase does not allow for the security required but what if you compiled the code using Ion Cube or Zend to access it and put the DB in the server root or something? It's been about 10 years since I've worked with a flat file DB so please excuse me if that sounds silly...

3. Why a flat file DB only? My knowledge is in SQL and it works great. Very secure and allows for a lot more flexibility. Yes, it increases server load and adds a lot of complexity and security requirements BUT... it's fast, clean, easily expandable and a safe way to store data. Again, just a thought...:/

4. I need to have differnt shipping options for different countries and I do not see how to do that. When a person orders it has to show only those options available to them, based on their address. Since they can't enter an address this is not possible with your cart. Big problem for me

5. Multiple categories is a must. If you split the cats out of the product feed and setup another feed just for categories that allows you to put them in as many cats as you like with a simple check box or drop down. It would be fantastic and not involve TOO much coding.

6. Start a mod store for us users and an easy way to add them to the software. That would make this one incredible cart. Everyone has a differnt need. Let them select which mods best fit them. Charge something like $5 to $20 each (depending on complexity and time involved) and you can even allow 3rd party mods if you choose. Take and buck or two from each sale of a 3rd party mod... it's a goldmine (I have about $350 in store bought mods in my CubeCart 4 script and I do most of my own coding). This way we can choose how we want our store to work and what works best for us.

I have only been using this for about 3 days now so this is just what I see so far. I LOVE the Designer Pro combo. Making changes is very easy and so far pretty robust. I haven't had to go into the code yet which is a good thing. I haven't had the need to. Biggest gripe about CubeCart owas doing upgrades. Since I had hacked the code so much everytime I did an upgrade it would take 3 days. If I don't have to change any code for this cart I'll be a happy man!

Keep up the good work and I'll keep suggesting ideas as I see opportunites to improve this great software.

Bill Cooke
User 1872410 Photo

4 posts

I now have the Shopping Cart Creator Pro and Designer Pro and have a suggestion concerning Optional Webpages.

Right now in Shopping Cart Designer Pro in the Navigation Menu Properties section, I can insert icons for Home, Shop Home, View Cart, Categories, and Optional Webpages. In my shopping cart, I am using the Optional Webpage for a form that allows customers to upload pictures and submit information for printing on T-shirts, cups, etc. For that icon, I am using an envelope. My problem is that if I want to use another static page for a different purpose, it also has an envelope icon next to it in the navigation menu.

It would be great if we could customize the icons for the static pages within Shopping Cart Creator Pro so the icons could be different for each page.
User 2062767 Photo

166 posts

The ability to set a minimum spend would be good. I have a number of add-ons that I would not want someone to purchase on there own. There are too many to put into the "optional fields" & I would like the customer to be-able to choose them from a separate category. So can we have a minimum spend option please.
www.heylisflorist.co.uk - My Florist Shop.
www.woodentopstoys.co.uk - My Wooden Toy Shop.

I use CoffeeCup HTML Editor, WIS, Direct ftp, Sitemapper, Website Insite & RED Personal to create my websites.

Send your parcels with Despatch Bay! Signup using this code and get £10.00 worth of free shipping http://despatchbaypro.com/s/1H431

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.