Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 2632733 Photo

26 posts

Plus 1 for collapsible right pane. Need to be so careful to start off with the widest layout when inserting new Rows or new change may be inserted correctly in a narrower layout but now get into the widest layout.
User 2632733 Photo

26 posts

Could theme support be added to RLM. I find the lack of contrast with the charcoal on grey theme to be very hard to read easily.

Thanks
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

aec-syd wrote:
Could theme support be added to RLM. I find the lack of contrast with the charcoal on grey theme to be very hard to read easily.

Thanks

This has been asked a good number of times, some by the same people that are still having issues with it. I sure hope it's something that CC will consider as after all, what difference does it make what color the software is in as long as it's readable and people can actually see it. Just my 10 cents, and I too would like to see this fixed.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would like to see a way to edit the selection color of the row/column/grid etc. Many times when you're on a dark background (light too but not as much) it's very hard to tell what is actually selected when you choose the little drop down to select an area to edit. Would be nice if we could set a color for that so that no matter what color we're working on we can be sure we'll very easily see what's selected. Kind of like the trick of putting colored borders/backgrounds in the css to see what a setting is covering, same principle.
User 2601283 Photo

219 posts

Collapsing the right panel would be very helpful. I some how managed to get a breakpoint or two back there and can see them to eliminate them.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,195 posts

Angela Mulligan wrote:
Collapsing the right panel would be very helpful. I some how managed to get a breakpoint or two back there and can see them to eliminate them.

See this post.
http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/respons … post243627
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 515127 Photo

116 posts

When working with a text element, if I double-click the element, I can overwrite the default text, set the font, set the px size, and there's a color picker. Unfortunately this picker looks the same but does not function the same as the picker in the right hand properties window. It reacts appropriately to the slider to reset the color but the RGB and HEX values are read only. In the properties window, when I select the color picker, the color picker dialogue value fields are interactive - I can type in (for example) the hex value of the color I want.

The reason I want to use the top line color picker instead of the element properties is that the top line settings apply in line (like a span style - child of the text element) so I can change the color or weight a single word or a few letters in the middle of a word or line.
User 515127 Photo

116 posts

It would be cool if you provided a way to export - and automatically open up the page worked on in RLM within CC HTML Editor. Just a thought - would save a few steps and integrating the two products where feasible seems as if it would be good marketing and a natural match up. Maybe a user configurable setting/option?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

gllincoln wrote:
When working with a text element, if I double-click the element, I can overwrite the default text, set the font, set the px size, and there's a color picker. Unfortunately this picker looks the same but does not function the same as the picker in the right hand properties window. It reacts appropriately to the slider to reset the color but the RGB and HEX values are read only. In the properties window, when I select the color picker, the color picker dialogue value fields are interactive - I can type in (for example) the hex value of the color I want.

The reason I want to use the top line color picker instead of the element properties is that the top line settings apply in line (like a span style - child of the text element) so I can change the color or weight a single word or a few letters in the middle of a word or line.

I've also reported this and they say they cannot replicate it. I sure hope that others that have this issue will come forward so they are aware that it is a prevalent issue that they need to find a way to replicate. Thanks for posting this and showing that I truly am not the only one with this problem. :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

gllincoln wrote:

This issue has been fixed and will be released in the version 2.0 update.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.