Suggestions for CoffeeCup Layout...

User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

No doubt I am being stupid but when entering Text areas or Address areas it would be better if there was a text box where you could enter the text as certainly in the Mac Edition I can only see the small bit in the properties section which isn't much use. I want to see what MY text looks like prior to exporting and not ipsum lore. Yes you can enter text but you have no control over it.
Tony
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Anthony Walker wrote:
No doubt I am being stupid but when entering Text areas or Address areas it would be better if there was a text box where you could enter the text as certainly in the Mac Edition I can only see the small bit in the properties section which isn't much use. I want to see what MY text looks like prior to exporting and not ipsum lore. Yes you can enter text but you have no control over it.

No, you are totally incorrect Anthony. There is an entire text editor with loads of options/settings. Are you sure you are using RLM? :)

Just look at the controls at the top:
http://s1.postimg.org/pyhogvcin/Screen_Shot_2014_08_29_at_10_57_09_AM.png
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Yes I am using RLM but the tools part is missing. I have seen this area maybe once or twice but very rarely now I come to think of it....
My Screen
Tony
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

tonyteehee wrote:
Yes I am using RLM but the tools part is missing. I have seen this area maybe once or twice but very rarely now I come to think of it....
My Screen

I think you win the record of the tiniest screenshot ever. ;)

Just double-click on any text and the text editor will appear and look just like my screenshot.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2614236 Photo

141 posts

Sorry I just noticed the size of my picture. I have worked the problem out. The reason I had seen this text toolbar was it is on my laptop. Guess who is the numpty who hadn't upgraded to version 1.1 on his iMac.

Matter resolved. I'll send you a microscope the next time.......:D
Tony
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Add Title attribute to all image (not just links) so they can be "Pinnable"
Pinterest uses the data from the image Title attribute to assign the description when someone "pins" an image from your web site. Therefore, it would be good to have a Title attribute for the images. (This would be in addition to the anchor Title on images that you already have.)

--Excerpt from "Pinteresting" ---
...you are able to give [your images] a title in the HTML code... Although this title is not seen on your website, it is the first thing seen by search engine crawlers and Pinterest. If you leave the title asset blank, the title will be pulled from the name of your image before the upload. For instance, if your image was called “Thanksgiving 2012” on your computer and you do not change the title in the data... the image will be named “Thanksgiving 2012” by search engines and Pinterest.

When someone is using the pinmarklet from their toolbar to pin content from your website instead of a plug in, the selected title, whether chosen intentionally or ignored and picked by the internet, will automatically pop into the description box. If that title is generic or, heaven forbid, just an image number, the title is not going to help the image be repinned.

When completing the title asset, use a description about the [page content]. Go ahead and use keywords, too, since the search-bots will be looking. You can even include your web address or Pinterest handle in the description so that you are easily recognized as the source.
--- end excerpt ---
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.
Email me at support@uscni.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Brian Durfee wrote:
Add Title attribute to all image (not just links) so they can be "Pinnable"
Pinterest uses the data from the image Title attribute to assign the description when someone "pins" an image from your web site. Therefore, it would be good to have a Title attribute for the images. (This would be in addition to the anchor Title on images that you already have.)

--Excerpt from "Pinteresting" ---
...you are able to give [your images] a title in the HTML code... Although this title is not seen on your website, it is the first thing seen by search engine crawlers and Pinterest. If you leave the title asset blank, the title will be pulled from the name of your image before the upload. For instance, if your image was called “Thanksgiving 2012” on your computer and you do not change the title in the data... the image will be named “Thanksgiving 2012” by search engines and Pinterest.

When someone is using the pinmarklet from their toolbar to pin content from your website instead of a plug in, the selected title, whether chosen intentionally or ignored and picked by the internet, will automatically pop into the description box. If that title is generic or, heaven forbid, just an image number, the title is not going to help the image be repinned.

When completing the title asset, use a description about the [page content]. Go ahead and use keywords, too, since the search-bots will be looking. You can even include your web address or Pinterest handle in the description so that you are easily recognized as the source.
--- end excerpt ---

This has been addressed and included with version 2.0.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Awesome!
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including personal or group training for Site Designer, Web Form Builder and more via Zoom.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

NoFollow
This might be something specifically for RSD, but it would also be nice to have a NoFollow checkbox for links that would automatically add the attribute.

For those who might read this post and don't know about NoFollow, here's a link to learn more:
http://smallbiztrends.com/2014/08/what- … ibute.html
ASK ME ANYTHING

User 171749 Photo

91 posts

Hummm I put stuff here and it all disappeared :rolleyes: Maybe someone didn’t think those were good ideas.

Need a Code Element. An Element that html code can be input. Would help out on such things as menus from your Menu Builder.

Need the ability to change the page title within the program.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.