A Norton 360 hiccup during the...

User 2271387 Photo

99 posts

During my recent downloading, Norton 360 Premier Edition 21.3.0.12 reported that Responsive Layout Maker Pro was not safe and has been removed:

Filename: Responsive-Layout-Maker-Pro-Full-1.1.2746.exe
Full Path: c:\Users\Reality\Downloads\Responsive-Layout-Maker-Pro-Full-1.1.2746.exe

Origin
Downloaded from
Unknown

Activity
Actions performed: Suspicious actions performed: None

Developers
Not Available

Version
Not Available

Identified
Not Available

Last Used
Not Available

Startup Item
No

Unknown
This program crash history is not known.

Unknown
It is unknown how many users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Unknown
This file release is currently not known.

Unproven
There is not enough information about this file to recommend it.

File Thumbprint - SHA:
1b8b8db5e2d1c2c1ca2466eb4c5ef67ce5f91e93950fc7b01113e24ae8ec696e
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not available

Solution:

I achieved a successful installation after disabling both the Norton’s fire wall and anti-virus programs and then re-downloading the Responsive-Layout-Maker-Pro-Full Program which then seems to have installed correctly.

[This is just general information for those that may have to answer questions regarding this downloading]

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I'm sorry you ran into that issue with our software. We have actually filed a dispute with Norton on this particular error (case #3515035 & 3515036) and were informed that they corrected the issue in their database. You should be able to update your anti-virus settings and obtain their latest database. If it does not, you can submit a false positive report to Norton here at http://www.symantec.com/security_response/ and reference the above 2 cases.

I can just say that we do periodic testing of all of our software with the latest versions of all major antivirus software, and we can confirm with absolute certainty that our software is clean. Releasing a virus without software would be unacceptable. ;)

Yet another reason why I will never, ever install Norton on my system. Just not worth the headache! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

Here's a workaround:

I run Norton Internet Security and it gave me an error. I set Norton so that it asks me what to do instead of automatically choosing by itself. When it asks me, I let it through. That way your system stays safe, but you can let the programs through.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2271387 Photo

99 posts

Understood…thank you for the responses…thank you Scott and Brian for making me speechless…
User 2500403 Photo

1 post

I am also having a Norton problem. NIS deletes the latest dowload immediatley with the warning: Suspicious.Cloud.7.EP
I have restored the download anyway.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.