CoffeeCup Status Report - March 2011

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hey everybody!

So first off, yeah, I didn’t send out a monthly report for January. After the hard-earned break we took over the holidays, I didn’t have much to say — except maybe that spending 2+ weeks in the basement watching nothing but sci-fi movies was starting to make me a bit coo-coo. ;)

But now we’re back to the ol’ grind, and I think I’m slowly getting back to normal... which is to say, very busy! In the past month, we’ve released several updates to our product lines and announced what I think is one of the best things to come from our developers in awhile: S-Drive.

What is S-Drive?
S-Drive is a new service from CoffeeCup that puts all the tools web designer/developers need in one convenient place — stuff like hosting, storage, and all that good stuff. (It also includes Streams, which we’ll talk about in a hot minute.) Right now, VSD is the only program that’s fully integrated with S-Drive, but other apps will soon follow.

Now, here’s some great news for all you VSD users: You automatically have access to the Freebie S-Drive plan, which includes a free web address, one GB of media storage, access to basic statistics about your website, and more.

If you'll forgive me, I'm about to enter marketing mode. Ahem: If you want a little more oomph, go with the Webbie plan. It gives you three web addresses, 6 GB of storage, enhanced stats about your website, and more — all for less than 5 bucks a month.

Okay, it's all out of my system. Moving on...

Streams
Streams give you a way to instantly update your website from your phone, e-mail, a cool web-based dashboard, or an intuitive new application called Power Post (more on that in a minute). It’s never been easier to keep your site up to date with fresh content. (Psst: All you RSS News Flash users out there — Streams are a lot like News Flash, only a lot sleeker, more reliable, and all-around cooler. With customizable themes and headlines, plus the ability to import content from existing RSS feeds like the one produced with News Flash, Streams are a great alternative to our classic program.)

For more information, check out this article: What is S-Drive Streams?

Shopping Cart Creator and Shopping Cart Designer 3.9
Updates for both of these programs are in the works. This is an interim update that adds a few nice features, but the big changes will appear in 4.0, which is due out later this year.

Just a few things you will find in the upcoming version:

-Support for S-Drive
-Ability to add custom markup to the header
-Support for more currencies
-Ability to use a custom currency symbol for your shop
-A new collection of professionally designed themes
-More SEO options
-Implemented enhanced security on your data files
-SKU numbers preserved when moving between categories
-Other fixes and tweaks.....

Visual Site Designer 7.0
Over the past few months, we’ve made a lot of changes to VSD. Thanks to great suggestions from users like you, we think we’ve squished all the worst bugs and addressed all the major issues in the program. Naturally, some strange quirks pop up in the software from time to time, but hey, that just means VSD has personality ;)

Power Post 1.0
Power Post, as we mentioned earlier, is a great new desktop application that lets you create Stream posts with as much detail as you want. Format text, make intricate edits to images, embed YouTube videos, and more, all with this awesome program. And guess what? If you spring for the Webbie package, it’s yours, totally free!

Flash Applications
All our Flash applications have been updated to work better with large fonts and DPI settings greater then 96. So for all you who like your icons large enough that someone in another room can see ‘em, you’re gonna love these updates. ;)
GoDaddy and Web Form Builder
We’ve recently heard some rumblings about Form Builder not working properly with GoDaddy. We’ve found a potential solution to this pesky problem — 60% of the time it works every time ;) — which you can read all about here: Problems With Form Builder on Sites Hosted With GoDaddy.

Well that's about it everyone!
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

BigDawgScott wrote:
I think I’m slowly getting back to normal...

Let us know how that works out for ya! ;)

Normal is a subjective term ya know, and some of us may never know what it's really like. :lol::lol::lol:
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2147202 Photo

1 post

I've been looking into the Shopping Cart Creator Pro. Will the new version have new payment options to allow Paypal Website Payments Pro? That would be great.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Geyner wrote:
I've been looking into the Shopping Cart Creator Pro. Will the new version have new payment options to allow Paypal Website Payments Pro? That would be great.

Right now there are no immediate plans for PayPal Pro in the next few releases, but we do have plans for including this with our S-Drive service.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

And when can we expect to be able to translate the user interface into other languages than English?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Inger Eik wrote:
And when can we expect to be able to translate the user interface into other languages than English?

Maybe in version 8.0 ;)
User 2189683 Photo

2 posts

Any plans on having Amazon payment with shopping cart pro? That would be nice to see
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Terry Knox wrote:
Any plans on having Amazon payment with shopping cart pro? That would be nice to see

Right now there are no immediate plans to include Amazon as a payment type. Sorry...
User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

When is the next office bowling party?
(it's not all about software) :)
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 283732 Photo

3 posts

Just updated my version ( for the first time) I am new here, and my store has disappeared. I did backup the store before the install - not that new. Question: How do I get my current /old store back? Do I have to redo the whole thing?
Thanks.

Bob

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.