Trying to copy and paste html code-...

User 483275 Photo

4 posts

I copied the html code and pasted it into the code editor.

I cant seem to do anything with it now- its like it is just STUCK- i cant seem to make changes- i need the page to be 750 px wide- cant figure out how, trying to just hit "enter" on the text- nothing happens...

whats going on?

I contacted customer support 2 weeks ago- they wont help!
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

If you contacted CoffeeCup by email, try logging in to http://www.coffeecup.com/help/ and looking at "My Question History" the 5th item down after you log in. That is where CoffeeCup puts a copy of email that they send to you. Sometimes the spam filter at an ISP will block CoffeeCup email.

Do you have a link to the page you are working on? Your description does help me (maybe someone else will understand) but if I can look at the code, I might be able to help you get the page width set. As a first try, set the CSS style to width:750px; in the style section of your body, your page, or a separate style sheet.

body {
width: 750px;
}

That is how it would look in a separate style sheet, or the style section of your page.

It almost sounds like you are saying that you can not edit a web page using the CoffeeCup HTML Editor. Are you using the 2008 version or an older version?
User 483275 Photo

4 posts

I am using the html editor 2008- i dont think im using css? your speaking foreign to me... Somehow i got most of the characters to disappear.

www.yuckyhousetraining.com

How do i access css style?

if i copy and paste that code- wont it mess me up going back to code editor? or do you have to save/upload then try going to code editor?

Or must you ALWAYS use one or other?

I cant seem to edit the document- when i hit enter it does nothing. some text will do stuff, other text will only do certain things. But when i add a picture- the entire page shows wacky characters???
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

NewGirl,

I don't use the visual editor, but I think the problem comes from shifting from visual to code and back to visual, etc. If you open a file in code mode, and save it, it should be OK to open in visual mode. I will have to play around with it later this week end if I have the time.

About CSS: You can learn a lot about CSS at the W3Schools web site at this site - http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

In a simple html page, you have the doctype at the top, then you open with the <html> tag, and the <head> tag. You put in your title, and meta tags, and styles then close the head section with </head>

In between the <head> and </head> tags, you can insert the style section for that page. So you head might look like this:

<head>
<title>page title here</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="yucky, houses," >
<style type="text/css">
body {
width: 750px;
background-color:#0000ff;
}
</style>
</head>

At this point, you start with the body of the page.

While you are in the editor, you can set a number of various styles for you page, and you can read about all of them at the W3Schools site, and ask questions about them here.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.