Runtime error 217 at 00410882 in HTML...

User 368403 Photo

3 posts

Runtime error 217 at 00410882. After closing the CoffeeCup 2008 HTML Editor I cannot reopen it and get the above error. The only solution thus far is to reboot the laptop.

I have used the Norton 360 removal tool (per their instructions) and totally removed all vestiges of Norton 360 from my system. CoffeeCup 2008 ran well under these conditions. I then did a brand new install of Norton 360 and the CoffeeCup non starting issue has returned.

I unloaded CoffeeCup 2008 and reinstalled CoffeeCup 2007 and it ran well with Norton 360. Closes and opens without having to reboot, etc.

Any idea where I might find a fix for this issue?
User 368403 Photo

3 posts

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Run across a solution? Any help is appreciated........... Pete.
User 480277 Photo

Trial User
1 post

I'm having the same problem. I can open CoffeeCup 2008 HTML Editor once but need to restart the computer to access it again. I have Norton 360 and Windows XP Pro. I've turned off both the firewall and virus. Still doesn't work. Did anyone come up with a solution?
User 500338 Photo

4 posts

Hi,

I just purchased the editor and have this problem. I'm running Norton 360 v2 on XP Pro. I found that by terminating the Coffee.exe in the task manager you can reopen the editor with rebooting.
Jim McBean
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

AS you can see, all 3 of you have one thing in common. Norton 360. I have been reading all sorts of posts on the 'net and countless people are reporting similar problems installing all sorts of software.

I have installed Norton 360 here but I have not been able to re-create any of the errors. I would suggest try disabling the software or uninstalling 360 and see if that helps any.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 500338 Photo

4 posts

I uninstalled Norton 360 and the problem went away. When I reinstalled Norton the problem reappeared.
Jim McBean
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I guess that answers that ;) I have been testing Norton 2009 and it seems far better then 360. Uses a lot less resources.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 500338 Photo

4 posts

Found a fix for this problem... uninstall the buShell.dll from Symantec Common Files. Can I post the URL explaining this?
Jim McBean
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

James,

Is this a link to a Symantec site?

Yes, do post the link, as long as there are no offensive things on the site. It may help others with similar situations.
User 500338 Photo

4 posts

Gave myself a nichname instead of james.mcbean.

I found this link through a google search...

http://community.norton.com/norton/boar … ad.id=2193

It has fixed my problem with the HTML Editor (and from what I can gather other software as well). Messages 1 and 10 are the important parts.
Jim McBean

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.