Microsoft Security Disable My DHTML...

User 458881 Photo

1 post

I try to edit a document but can't get my visual tab on my html2008 editor. t gives my a popup box from microsoft about a security update that disables my visual editor in html2008.

any help on getting around this or fix.
User 492740 Photo

5 posts

Hello,

On recommendation I have just downloaded a trial version and had the same problem, the same notice and no visual tab. After chasing found via some faq or help files, cant remember how I got there but you have to download a file dhtml.msi to install dhtml.ocx which is missing in vista. The msi install package can be got here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en

Download the file, run it, but dont repair....tell it to remove first. Then run again and install, it will put new one in. I tried many times a repair, there is only a repair or remove option first time. So remove first. Then run the same package again and this time there is install option.........problem cured!! I told coffeecup team this vista incompatibility problem should be in more prominent place on web site, so those using the program for the first time are not put off by hours of searching for an answer because of using Vista. How come its not fully compatible anyhow????

Anyhow I'm a happy bunny now and can truly evaluate, I hope you can do so as well soon enough. Hope this helps!!

Keiron

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.