HTML Validation issue - CoffeeCup...

User 485026 Photo

3 posts

Hey all,

When I try: Document > validate HTML...

I get:

Firefox can't find the file at /C:/Program Files (x86)/CoffeeCup Software/~validate.html.

Anyone overcome this issue?

Thanks!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

Have you saved your file before trying the validation? And if so, where on your system did you save it?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 485026 Photo

3 posts

I did save it yes (you are prompted to save before allowing to validate) and I saved it under my documents/web design.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Shaun,

I get similar messages using Firefox. Try having Firefox open (even to a blank page) then try the validate. You should have a new tab open and be at the validation page for your file.
User 485026 Photo

3 posts

Bill,

Okay I tried opening firefox and opening a new tab before trying the validation, no luck it seems. Is that what you meant though?

Thanks for your input!
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

I am currently using HTML Editor 2008 build 239, but I will upgrade to the latest and test validation again.

In my case (on a computer at work) if I have Firefox closed, and activate a link in email or anything else that will visit a web page, I will either get an error stating that the file cannot be found (but it will work anyway) or I will get a very small Firefox to open followed by the normal Firefox opening on the page requested. I have found that I can avoid the issue by having Firefox open before clicking on the link.

When you select the validate option, your browser will be opened, and you will activate the validator to validate your saved file.

I will download the latest version and test it.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.