HTML Editor 2008 Expiring today

User 453278 Photo

2 posts

I was just about to install it, and then noticed that it will expire today. So i cancelled installing. Is a newer build coming up anytime soon?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Oskari,

Those of us that have it installed certainly hope so.

I know CoffeeCup is working toward getting the 2008 version out.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The version we have online does expire today. We may not have another pre-release before the final build which we hope to be wrapping up next week.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Build 227 was posted today. It will expire April 15th.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 373095 Photo

2 posts

I just downloaded and installed the latest build and it has deleted everything in my working folder! I do have backups on an external hard drive, but I was still shocked to see everything removed. Is this normal?
User 65069 Photo

14 posts

I just had my pre release expire ... saw there was a new version released to download. Downloading it now and thought it was odd that it would just quit like this so checked this forum.

I am a licensed user of the product since the coffee cup product was first released. The new 2008 version is terrific but why expire it for licensed users and then not retain the working copy? Thank God I checked here to see the previous complaint. I have a back up of course already but its a day or two old.
User 65069 Photo

14 posts

Well not sure what the previous post is about now, I just installed and it didn't delete my working.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The '08 is a pre-release application that we are still working on. Having it never expire would end up causing many issues from a support point of view. We had to expire each copy so that users will make sure to keep upgrading while we are working on this new version.
User 427108 Photo

292 posts

I'm using the pre-release and nothing of this happens to me. Usually when something is wrong is an "user misunderstanding" but once is a pre-release all the problems are by my own. I'm waiting for the final version.
Regards
Jimmy The Sailor
http://www.jimmythesailor.net (trying to show my photos)
http://www.art-i-batik.com (my wife's gallery)
User 373095 Photo

2 posts

No user misunderstanding here, it did delete everything in the working folder. No problem though as have it all backed up.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.