HTML Editor 2007, gifs tiled as...

User 456083 Photo

Trial User
5 posts

Hi

I guess i'm a bit of a newb at all this, i made a website AGES ago using cutesite builder and trellix before that, it's been a while though and i thought i'd give coffee cup a try.

I decided to try out Coffeecup HTML Editor 2007, but at the very start i tried to select a small gif image to be tiled as a background in quick start and am met with 'CoffeeCup HTML Editor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' EVERY time. I can do the quickstart and not select a background, but can't work out how to edit the background once the quick start is closed.

There's prob a really simple solution to this and i'll feel like a moron, but never the less, please help. I did the main page of the site i'm building ( www.animacreations.net ) with another prog (which i'm not over impressed with, but it'll show you what i'm trying to accomplish with coffeecup.

Thanks for reading :)
User 456083 Photo

Trial User
5 posts

ok, i worked out where to change the image value in the HTML script, i also copied the file to the backgrounds folder for coffee cup, the hunt continues for a more click-a-button approach to changing wallpaper!
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Well, an "encountered a problem" error is never good. :| Could you try to do step-by-step instructions to see if someone else can recreate the problem?
User 456083 Photo

Trial User
5 posts

Sure, as soon as the prog is opened, close the tips, select file/quick start page. Then for the background image i hit browse and located a small gif, double clicked it, the browse window closed and it went back to the quickstart menu for a couple of secs, then the error screen comes up and the prog has to be closed :(
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

I just test it in the 2008 pre release version, and did not get any errors.

I would try the 2007 version, but I no longer have it installed. Why not give the 2008 version a test run and see if it works for you.
User 456083 Photo

Trial User
5 posts

where do i get the 2008 version from?
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Have you purchased any CoffeeCup software?

If so, go to http://www.coffeecup.com/help/ and log in. Once logged in, you will find the pre-release of 2008 available for download.

If you have not purchased any software, the 2008 version is nearing the completion of testing. Once the testing is complete, they will have a trial version available.

If you need a specific start, it would be possible to create the start for you and make it available for you to download.
User 456083 Photo

Trial User
5 posts

no i haven't purchased anything yet, would be more than happy to help test the 2008 :)
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Standby. The new version should be out soon. The pre-release version expires today, so it will not do you much good. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.